SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Is Fifth Woketard Franchise to Die at Box Office
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘Charlie’s Angels’ Is Fifth Woketard Franchise to Die at Box Office Login/Join 
posted
Pretty much sums up the garbage Hollywood keeps pumping out

‘Charlie’s Angels’ Is Fifth Woketard Franchise to Die at Box Office
quote:
by JOHN NOLTE16 Nov 2019
The 2019 reboot/sequel of Charlie’s Angels just opened to a catastrophic $8 million, making it the fifth man-hating, woketard franchise to get wiped out at the box office.

Angels, which was written and directed by Elizabeth Banks, is not only under-performing expectations by about 50 percent, it got run over by Ford v Ferrari, a movie about real men who throw punches and burn fossil fuels.

On top of being number one at the box office with a $30 million opening, Ford v Ferrari over-performed by about 50 percent.

Having seen and reviewed both, I can tell you that none of this has to do with gender.

Angels is a failure because it features unappealing actresses who are more interested in lecturing us than showing us a good time. The film’s trailers promised a pretentious feminist lecture full of man-hating… and the sexless movie delivered.

On the other hand, Ford v Ferrari looked like a great time at the movies, like an unpretentious underdog story with appealing characters you actually want to spend time with… and the movie delivered (and then some).

Charlie’s Angels is a poorly shot, poorly written, joyless death march of feminist talking points, poorly choreographed action scenes, starring three girls who have no charisma and even less chemistry together.

Charlie’s Angels wants you to feel bad about yourself, to feel guilty about being a man, for not being virtuous enough, and to divide us by lying to women about an oppressive patriarchy that doesn’t exist. GRRRRL POWER is not a theme, it’s a slogan, and Angels is a movie that confuses strident posturing with having something to say.

Ford v Ferrari is beautifully shot, rousing, inspiring, moving, funny, 100% American, and brilliantly acted. Using theme and appealing characters, it has much to say, not just about how conformity and corporatism crush the individual spirit, but about our shared human condition; that thing within all of us — men and women alike — to strive, to overcome, to be your own man at all costs — and yes, there is a cost… but yes, that cost is worth it.

But as I mentioned earlier, this has nothing to do with gender, and I can prove it… Here are two numbers that are not adjusted for nearly two decades of inflation: $40 million and $37.6 million.

All the way back in 2000, a movie based on the television show Charlie’s Angels and called Charlie’s Angels opened to $40 million. It would eventually gross $139 million domestic and $264 million worldwide (back when the international market was nowhere near as open as it is today).

All the way back in 2003, the sequel, Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, opened to $37.6 million. It would eventually gross $101 million domestic and $260 million worldwide.

But here’s the difference…

The 2000 version of Charlie’s Angels somehow managed to drive home its empowerment and sisterhood message without dumpster-diving into misandry. And unlike this current trio of generic, androgynous, mall-girl angels, the 2000 version featured three sexy women: Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu, who didn’t apologize for being sexy, who used that power to convince us guys the movie was worth our time, and they delivered.

The goodwill from Charlie’s Angels (2000) was such that three years later the studio dropped $125 million into the sequel, and even though Full Throttle is pretty awful, it’s still more fun than this hideous 2019 reboot, which is why it was able to crawl over $100 million domestic, when that number really meant something.

And so, Charlie’s Angels (2019) is the fifth franchise the man-hating woketards have destroyed, the fifth golden goose strangled by these joyless and the artless harpies.

Charlie’s Angels (2019) excluded and demeaned men, told us we were not invited, so neither we nor the women who love us showed up, and now it’s the flop it deserves to be. Terminator: Dark Fate did the same: stridently pushed us out of the way because the future is female donchaknow, as did Ghostbusters, as did Men in Black.

And then there’s Star Wars…

Yeah, Star Wars is going to finish out its trilogy next month, and it will make a fortune, but afterwards that film franchise is doornail dead — as of right now there is nothing filming, nothing scheduled, not even a completed screenplay.

Why?

The man-hating of Last Jedi turned everyone off. Last Jedi under-performed bigtime, Solo tanked (Good God, a Star Wars movie tanked!), and now the greatest and most iconic movie franchise in history is… a TV show.

We don’t hate you Hollywood.

We’re just hating you back.

You started it.

And good luck with that new James Bond movie!

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just watched 12 Angry Men for the umpteenth time. Can you imagine if it were being made today?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I honestly didn’t even hear of this until today.

Just watched the trailer...the trailer even sucks.

Soulless is a good description.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I just watched 12 Angry Men for the umpteenth time. Can you imagine if it were being made today?

Never saw it, but a local high performed the play a few years ago, renamed..."12 Angry Jurors."

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's included with Amazon Prime. Watch it - you won't be sorry.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...the poor showing can most probably be attributed to crappy advertising/marketing. As in NONE. I didn't even know there was a "Charlie's Angels" Redux 5 until this thread. Doesn't change anything...won't be going to see that one, even at the cheap matinee.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I honestly didn’t even hear of this until today.

Just watched the trailer...the trailer even sucks.

Soulless is a good description.

Haha, same here. I had not a clue this movie even existed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm downloading the movie right now.

By the way, I'm curious. Have you or anyone watched the 1997 version of 12 Angry Men? Looks like a decent cast with George C. Scott, Jack Lemmon, and James Gandolfini. Wondering if it's worth watching too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
The director blamed men and Spiderman movies....really

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the original Charlie's Angels movies because, other than the obligatory eye candy, I didn't care for the characters.

Ford vs. Ferrari doesn't appeal to me because I don't care for the [u]actors[/].

Good acting can overcome self-righteous "woke" actors, but even then it becomes a bit too much. Robert De Niro is a fine actor (if two Oscars mean anything), but he's become such a public clown with his political antics that I refuse to put any money in his pocket by watching anything he does or has done. Same with Alec Baldwin.

CGI and all that Hollywood gee-whiz technology aside, a movie has to succeed for me by having characters -- good or evil -- that I can latch onto. I may love or hate them, but the worst thing in the movies, or life in general, is indifference.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
The director blamed men and Spiderman movies....really

Yep.. "MY project sucked because.......penis"

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...gels-box-office-bomb

Cast a couple nobodies along with an aging used up vampire, mix with a large serving of girl power and INSTANT SUCCESS.

That's how it works. Yep.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Nolte’s review are usually a fun read. Check out his review of the new Bond offering

“——-anyone — male or female — who runs around with an “empowerment” chip on their shoulder is in reality a humorless, stuffy neurotic begging to be taken down a notch or two by a real man – – a John Wayne or a Robert Mitchum, not a walking vagina who drives an electric car.“

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...drives-electric-car/

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The user reviews on IMDB are scathing. Big Grin
"Get woke, go broke."

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do wonder when the industry changed from "We want to entertain" to "we want to throw our used tampons in your face"

Not as fun as it used to be, going to the movies.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What, it's two chicks and Justin Bieber?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What, it's two chicks and Justin Bieber?

If only Wesley Snipes had gotten involved. 1\3 of this nightmare would have been solved a decade ago.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another Woke / SJW bullshit movie coming apart at the seams...?

LMFAO!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
joyless death march
In terms of movie reviews, it would be hard to imagine a worse description of a film. Eek

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
... as did Men in Black.

There was another MiB sequel? Wow, that must've really sucked if I never even knew it existed. At least all the others I heard about. Nothing good, but I heard about 'em.

I just looked it up. One RT reviewer wrote something like "You won't need the flashy thing. Watching this movie will do it for you." *ouch*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I'm downloading the movie right now.

By the way, I'm curious. Have you or anyone watched the 1997 version of 12 Angry Men? Looks like a decent cast with George C. Scott, Jack Lemmon, and James Gandolfini. Wondering if it's worth watching too.

Not as good as original but a good movie. Best if you put the original out of your mind and watch it as a stand alone then it comes across much better.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post