SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jeff Lynn's ELO--Timeless music plus beautiful violinist and back up singer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Lynn's ELO--Timeless music plus beautiful violinist and back up singer Login/Join 
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted
Perusing Youtube for music videos recently, and I came across some of Jeff Lynn's more recent stuff. I've always loved ELO's music, and it is unbelievable that he is still performing at such a high level.

Several videos featured extremely beautiful and mesmerizing women complimenting the music. First has the beautiful and talented Rosie Langley on the violin:

The second is several years older and features the incomparable Rosie Vela:

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Jeff Lynne is one of the all time greatest genius's of Rock n Roll.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A friend was always way ahead of the curve on music and, over the years, found music no one else in Bumfuck knew about. He introduced my to ELO's first album, it was unlike any thing I'd heard at that time. The continuity, the sound, the cellos! I don't know why but if I could sing, it would be like Jeff Lynne. I'd have to take a lot more road trips if I could do that. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I tend not to attend concerts by the older artists like the Stones, The Who, etc. I tend to think live rock is a young man's science. But I went to Jeff Lynne's ELO show in Dallas last year and it was fantastic, a very joyful and well done show. His voice was spot on, the musicianship of his band was excellent. And of course, I'm a big ELO fan...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
I recall a John Lennon quote to the effect that ELO is what the Beatles would have sounded like if they stayed together.

Posts: 456 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was a big fan back in the 1970's; thought that reversing the turntable to hear the hidden message at the song intro was the height of musical creativity.

My nephew went to see them in concert in England last year (Newcastle, I think) and said they were outstanding. He saw them this summer in the Twin Cities and said they were even better.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post