SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The boys are back! The Grand Tour premiers on Nov 18
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The boys are back! The Grand Tour premiers on Nov 18 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Episode 4 had me laughing along quite a bit. Great entertainment, at least for me. The maggots and flies infesting Jeremy's car was just gross. I don't know how he tolerated it. Haha.

Agreed. Watched it over dinner with the kids. They laughed right along with me. Had the wife been there, it wouldn't have gone well Big Grin

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I just binge watched all 4 shows tonight and I'm just glad to see them back together. Some parts felt forced and awkward but by ep 4 it started to be a bit better.

I laughed my ass off every time Hammond got to a tunnel in the Hellcat that might be my favorite bit from the series thus far LOL Big Grin

Not feeling "The American" one bit. Only legit disappointment I have about the new series. Hopefully they acknowledge that and do something else there.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Watched 3 and 4 tonight and it's really starting to come together. Ep 4 made me laugh a lot.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed it.

Possible Slight SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The condoms with their slogans bit:
How Hard Can It Be
That's Not Gone Well
As Usual, The First To Arrive
had me laughing my ass off.

I just got done watching the first part of Beach (Buggy) Boys and I have not laughed so hard in so long....I think I hurt myself. Richard's and James look at their beer, reminded me of that first beer after coming home from a field training exercise deployment...you are filthy, tired, cranky, but the look of that first ice cold beer, it is like being bathed in the Jesus Light.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The Namibia 2 parter is exactly the sort of thing I missed about the old show. Sure, it's scripted, and a lot of it is clearly staged, but it's also 3 friends in a grand adventure giving each other shit. The looks on their faces while throwing May's...shifter...back and forth were priceless. I loved it. Now let's get back to the tent and drive cars most of us will never see and person and do wacky stunts. Just please, lose The American and bring in The Ben Collins. He's the glaring weak spot of the show.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could've had a drinking game for the first half of the Namibia Special.
Take a drink if one of the trio says one of the following:

Holy Shit!
Jesus Christ!
What the F&*#?
Shit, shit, shit

Classic May waxing philosophically about seeing a dropped grocery bag and a easter egg tumbling out and getting run-over, shocking him to have witnessed the most horrible thing he'd ever seen....the then camera pans to his burnt up front. I hadn't laughed at a TG/GT show like that since Hammond's jeep rolled down the dune in the Bolivia special.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
More of that please! I know these specials are taxing on the guys and production crew, but damn if they are not the most entertaining shows. When Hammond and May had that first beer - we've all been there, and nothing has ever tasted so good. Love it.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nambia was a great show, like many said much of the old flavor of the trips, which are some of the best of the old TG series.

I'd love to see the star bit dropped but I get that it's a jab at TG series. I would like to see the American stop with the commentary however it does differ from the Stig who never spoke so that too is a shot at TG.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
agree with most. the show is very good, but can improve. some things are a bit too forced and some bits linger too long (christmas gifts segment in episode 6, for instance). the star segment I imagine, will get dropped in S2. The american has also gotten very old very quickly.

But what we're all there to watch- the interplay between the 3 hosts- is all back. When Jeremy said "my nipples are erect" and Hammond followed with "Is it my jacket?" I howled.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I loved episodes 7 & 8; classic Top Gear...er, I mean classic Clarkson, May, and Hammond. Their specials are always great. Makes me want to do a road trip in Namibia with two of my closest pals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
I loved episodes 7 & 8; classic Top Gear...er, I mean classic Clarkson, May, and Hammond. Their specials are always great. Makes me want to do a road trip in Namibia with two of my closest pals.

in something with better shocks than a beach buggy

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

in something with better shocks than a beach buggy

Out of the three choices, I would choose Hammond's beach buggy every damn day. I am totally surprised that James was not sitting on two or more pillows. I did like Clarkson's and James' way of roughing it while camping. Hammond's tent must have looked like a bite size snickers bar to a hungry lion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
While running between the beach and the dunes, it looked like another planet. Fantastic camera work for being on location in such a remote part of the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well this thread certainly took a turn, into the quiet zone.

Finished up the Grand Tour last night, found the whole season to be refreshing

Episode 12 (censored) to (censored) is one ofthe best of the season, 3 high end (2 really) suv's on Trip in Austria.

The trip in Austria begins in Wank, then you move on to Kissing then slide into Petting, after that it's quickly over in Fucking for the night, then after Richards speech on why they should alter the trip because you should never go from Fucking directly to Marriage was classic!

The show gets better each time.

The high powered sport utility in Dubai that smoked the 918 was great, amazing though that the 918 beat the Bugatti... Who else but Top Gear could get the UAE to close down half a freeway for a drag race.

Looking forward to Season 2, without celebrity brain crash perhaps..

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The second half of the season was fantastic. I enjoyed those last few episodes immensely.

Looking forward to next season.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they have a good idea on what edges they need to smooth off and what things to get rid of. Celebrity Crash was a wasteful time filler, and The Stig's replacement, The American...that whole timed lap segment needs a refresh.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
have only watched the first 8 - need to watch the last four one of these days...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard Hammond apparently injured in a car crash in Switzerland while filming a show. Car totaled, he has a knee fracture.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video...-accident/vi-BBCrySt

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
quote:
smoked the 918 was great, amazing though that the 918 beat the Bugatti... Who else but Top Gear could get the UAE to close down half

The highways between cities in the uae are pretty barren.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Richard Hammond apparently injured in a car crash in Switzerland while filming a show. Car totaled, he has a knee fracture.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video...-accident/vi-BBCrySt

Well that's a bummer.

Christ that sounds like it hurts.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)