SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The boys are back! The Grand Tour premiers on Nov 18
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The boys are back! The Grand Tour premiers on Nov 18 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
I think the original three covers the technical stuff just enough. With exception of the M2 I can't afford any of the cars on the shows. So I don't care about technical nitty girtty. But I also do like to see the cars compared so the head to head tests, and the timed laps do interest me.

Then I'll say it another way: Harris was more passionate about his experience driving each car and showed more skill at driving them. Even the Grand Tour's guest racing driver failed to keep the P1 on the track. I couldn't help but wonder how the car's owner felt about that.

I actually enjoy Harris more so when he's on /Drive; the Colorado off-road show he had a nice jab at TG:UK.

Isn't the custom to leave the fallen driver behind?

That's another show mate...which I'm on too.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
The first episode was amazing! It's so much fun to have them back. Amazon is laughing all the way to the bank while the BBC is leaving negative reviews.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Loved pretty much every second of it. The opening was awesome.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great show, the opening scene was done very well, and showing up in Red White and Blue Mustangs, excellent...

The tent idea is interesting, although it wouldn't have been a good idea when they were in South America last year LOL

Thought the super car deal was good, no problem with Mike Skinner but he looks like he's been hitting the table a bit more than the track, still he drove that communist BMW pretty good considering it's got the wheel on the wrong side.

Royal Air Force, pshaw....

The opening scene was I can see clearly Now by Hothouse flowers... Very good

Link

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I loved the monty python reference "let's not get bogged down in who shot what..."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I loved the monty python reference "let's not get bogged down in who shot what..."

A running theme, but love it.
Liked the little jabs at TG:UK as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for Mike Skinner. We'll see how his character develops. I was really hoping for the "The Ben Collins" to be their driver. That would have been an excellent choice and another FU to the BBC.

I wasn't overly impressed with the first show. I think a big part of it was them getting into the groove with the new setup, but it seemed they went out of their way to explain things to us and it distracted me from the entertainment value. It also didn't help that the Holy Trinity isn't really all that exciting anymore. They've been out a while and Chris Harris did a review of all three on the same track the same time they filmed and it came out months ago.

I would have rather seen more about the M2 than any of the holy trinity. If they were set on doing a supercar for the premier, I wish they would have gone with a Regera, or a One:1, or a Rimac Concept 1. Something you just don't hear much about.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just finished the first episode....was that a laugh track??

And I could not take my eyes off that geeky, toothy, brown beauty over Clarkson's shoulder the whole show. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just like the old show, that was no accident. Big Grin

I rewatched it tonight. I also see the old episodes are on Amazon now? Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Not really liking the new show, not sure if they have not caught a new groove or what but it all seems forced.

And the new driver.....yea he sucks and the redneck jokes are already wearing thin.

Just finished the 2nd episode and WTF.....

More cars please

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
watched the first show and thought it was pretty good

they are developing a new audience and they have some legal issues they need to deal with - hence some of the comments

all in all, a pretty good start

can't wait to watch episode 2 tonight

they're back where they belong

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode last night and was not disappointed. I loved the bit with Jeremy Renner and Armie Hammer. Big Grin

They made a good start with 3 of top supercars. Waiting to see what happens to clarkson's house.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I watched the 2nd episode and didn't feel as if it was good as the first.

They really need to ditch Skinner - he's not funny.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
To be fair, they did mention in episode 1 that #2 wasn't going to be as much of a car show.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Episode one was okay. Episode two was pretty bad. I stopped watching it when they came back to the special forces segment.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Episode one was okay. Episode two was pretty bad. I stopped watching it when they came back to the special forces segment.

I don't think there was anything after that anyway.

I agree about the relative quality between the two episodes, but I loved the 1st episode, so... I still think it's a great show Razz

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that was anti-climatic, episode-2 was quite the let down. I get it, not every episode is going to be awesome and they're still working things out but, that whole sequence at the King Abdullah Special Operations Training Center was pathetic. They could've done a feature on armored VIP vehicles or, high-speed convoy maneuvers...instead, they tried to be comedians instead of doing their schtick.

What the hell is that sequence where a celebrity is walking-in from the background only to be attacked by an animal...wtf is that? Its not funny?

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I gave some leeway on Episode 1, which was actually fairly decent for a "pilot"

Episode 2 was a bumbling mess. I made it through, but I was desperately hoping for any sort of redemption after the first few moments of the Special forces segment. I was disappointed.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Silly as it was, the special forces segment would have been fine if it was 50-60% shorter.

I was surprised to see the episodes on Youtube already. With all the money it's got to be costing Amazon, I'd have thought they'd have it removed. Unless it's to give people a taste hoping they sign up for Prime.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I just finished episode two. Meh. Glad it was 15 minutes shorter than the premiere.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post