SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    watching Narcos ...cool show...watching out for anachronisms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

watching Narcos ...cool show...watching out for anachronisms Login/Join 
posted
Enjoying the show.

It's basically 80s - early 90s. My fun has become looking out for props, items, accessories that don't belong in that era.

They are generally really good - Member's Only jackets, 'brick' cellphones, the jeans, cars, tennis shoes, sunglasses, etc all have the feel of the 80s.

But they have made a few mistakes which I have had fun picking up on.

Seen a couple of ACOGs and Eotechs. M4s with rail-accesories weren't commonplace back then.

A 'modern' mustard bottle - the kind you stand 'upside down' so the mustard flows to the spout. I don't recall having those in the 80s.

One prop car had modern style windshield wipers. The 'floppy' kind that don't have a metal frame but instead are just flexible plastic the whole length.

One thing that looks good - the soldiers mostly are using 'correct' Army TA-50 style equipment we had in the 80s-90s.

Fun show. Definitely has the 80s feel. One of the agents even carries a revolver. Smile

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Yeah the modern, tricked out, flat top M4s stood out like a sore thumb.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is a well-done show, small anachronisms aside.

And even though I don't speak Spanish, I like that the drug thugs speak in Spanish. It feels right.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have finished watching the first 2 seasons. Definitely a quality show.

Production values are very high. Obviously filmed largely on location in Central / South America.

I have been to Mexico, Costa Rica and Peru. So it definitely has the correct feel based on how I remember that environment.

Agree - overall just very well done.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Yeah the modern, tricked out, flat top M4s stood out like a sore thumb.

What, you're saying they didn't have bent airsoft M4's with one scope ring in the 80's? Big Grin

Yeah, bent.

Airsoft mag

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post