SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Christmas albums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Christmas albums Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted
My fave is Mannheim Steamroller A Fresh Aire Christmas. I never tire of listening to it.
We have 6 Steamroller albums but 1988 Fresh Aire is holiday magic to my ears.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Christmas Rocks

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bert Kaempfert's Christmas Wonderland, all three of the Ray Coniff Singers' Christmas albums, Lynn Anderson's The Christmas Album...and my favorite favorite: Christmas Eve with Colonel Sanders, a compilation album from about 1967 that Mom bought at KFC.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I like the old Firestone Christmas albums.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Goodyear Tire/ appliance stores put out some good compilation albums.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Bob Rivers' Christmas Albums are my favorite.
Twisted Christmas
More Twisted Christmas
I Am Santa Claus
and "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire"

https://youtu.be/3xj-jGAJgZY

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was thinking there were two kinds of Christmas albums:

• Bing Crosby
  • The Rest

Big Grin

•  
    Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Amy Grant did a nice Christmas album several years ago, as did Patty Loveless.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Purveyor of
    Fine Avatars
    Picture of Orguss
    posted Hide Post
    Enya - And Winter Came
    Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong
    Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
    posted Hide Post
    Elvis's Christmas - Blue Christmas

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Quiet Man
    posted Hide Post
    I have 2 I play every year.

Frank Sinatra A Jolly Christmas

and

John Denver and the Muppets

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of GarandGuy
    posted Hide Post
    Statler Brothers "Christmas Card" album and "Alabama Christmas" by Alabama.

-----------------------------------------------
    What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of fpuhan
    posted Hide Post
    I'm with you on the Mannheim Steamroller CDs. Their first two get constant rotation in my player during the holiday season.

The younger crowd doesn't know them.

At the running store, which was playing Christmas music, I said, "What, no Mannheim Steamroller?"

"Who's that?" was the reply.

"They have the best-selling Christmas albums of all time," I informed them.

"Well, put some on," I was instructed. So I did.

But if I had to name my favorite Christmas SONG, it would be this one.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gustofer:

Several years ago I tripped over a place that markets the old Firestone/Goodyear and other out of print store albums copied to CDs. That's how I got my copy of Mom's KFC album.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    This Space for Rent
    Picture of ugeesta
    posted Hide Post
    I rediscovered George Winston recently. His album ‘December’. Has beautiful renditions of some classic Christmas songs. No vocals, just a solo piano.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mttaylor1066
    posted Hide Post
    I wish I could find a digital copy of the Jackie Gleason Orchestra's Christmas album. Loved that as a kid.

However, A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio is still my favorite Xmas album.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
    I wish I could find a digital copy of the Jackie Gleason Orchestra's Christmas album. Loved that as a kid.

However, A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio is still my favorite Xmas album.

Buy the MP3 here. https://www.amazon.com/Merry-C...coding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    california
    tumbles into the sea
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ugeesta:
    I rediscovered George Winston recently. His album ‘December’. Has beautiful renditions of some classic Christmas songs. No vocals, just a solo piano.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fourth line skater
    Picture of goose5
    posted Hide Post
    The Chieftains. The Bells of Dublin.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Staring back
    from the abyss
    Picture of Gustofer
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by rat2306:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gustofer:

Several years ago I tripped over a place that markets the old Firestone/Goodyear and other out of print store albums copied to CDs. That's how I got my copy of Mom's KFC album.

Same here. Since I haven't had a turntable in decades, I found a kid that ripped them onto CDs for me.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post