SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
By far my favorite "funny" Christmas movie! Big Grin

I don't even recall this being a big movie when it came out in 1989, I was 17 years old and a regular movie goer at the time. I think it's one of those movies that was a dud when it came out but over time became a beloved, cult classic:

What's your favorite line from the movie?

Merry 30th Anniversary to ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Rottweiler!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our family watches it together on Thanksgiving night every year, complete with moose mugs full of eggnog, to kick off the Christmas season Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$6 for the Blu Ray on Amazon.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's just chock full of great one-liners and quotes, like this one:

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An annual classic. One of the few movies with foul language that my Mom also enjoys watching. So many great scenes.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is a fun and funny movie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Rant.

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey shit he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy shit!! Where's the Tylenol??"

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Beverly D' Anglo...Very hot.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If you've only seen it on broadcast tv... you haven't really seen it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Bought the DVD several years ago to make it a Christmas tradition. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Beverly D' Anglo...Very hot.
Did not realize her children are the result of Al Pacino slipping a few past the goalie.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Our favorite too. Cousin Eddie should have won an Oscar.......Shitters Full!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced because every time Catherine revved up the microwave I’d piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went to see it when it first came out, at a $.99 showing in a small theater, not knowing a thing about it.

We nearly busted a gut laughing, and since then, it's been one of my all-time favorite movies. Not just Christmas movies, but all-time favorite!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
You serious, Clark?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Bought the DVD several years ago to make it a Christmas tradition. Big Grin

It's a Thanksgiving tradition for us. My BIL and I have memorized pretty much the whole thing.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post