SIGforum
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9340038364

December 02, 2019, 01:29 PM
PASig
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Turned 30 Years Old on 12/1/2019
By far my favorite "funny" Christmas movie! Big Grin

I don't even recall this being a big movie when it came out in 1989, I was 17 years old and a regular movie goer at the time. I think it's one of those movies that was a dud when it came out but over time became a beloved, cult classic:

What's your favorite line from the movie?

Merry 30th Anniversary to ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’

December 02, 2019, 03:15 PM
stkfox
I love the Rottweiler!

December 02, 2019, 03:20 PM
Mr.9mm
Our family watches it together on Thanksgiving night every year, complete with moose mugs full of eggnog, to kick off the Christmas season Big Grin
December 02, 2019, 03:24 PM
Black92LX
$6 for the Blu Ray on Amazon.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
December 02, 2019, 03:26 PM
PASig
It's just chock full of great one-liners and quotes, like this one:

December 02, 2019, 03:58 PM
Sr_Bull
An annual classic. One of the few movies with foul language that my Mom also enjoys watching. So many great scenes.
December 02, 2019, 04:08 PM
jhe888
It is a fun and funny movie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
December 02, 2019, 04:11 PM
Ryanp225
The Rant.

"I want to look him straight in the eye and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake licking, dirt eating, inbreed, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat assed, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey shit he is!!! Halleluah!! Holy shit!! Where's the Tylenol??"
December 02, 2019, 04:47 PM
FN in MT
Beverly D' Anglo...Very hot.
December 02, 2019, 04:54 PM
zoom6zoom
If you've only seen it on broadcast tv... you haven't really seen it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
December 02, 2019, 05:46 PM
erj_pilot
Bought the DVD several years ago to make it a Christmas tradition. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Beverly D' Anglo...Very hot.
Did not realize her children are the result of Al Pacino slipping a few past the goalie.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
December 02, 2019, 05:56 PM
mcrimm
Our favorite too. Cousin Eddie should have won an Oscar.......Shitters Full!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
December 03, 2019, 10:30 AM
PASig

You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced because every time Catherine revved up the microwave I’d piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so.

December 03, 2019, 10:33 AM
fpuhan
My wife and I went to see it when it first came out, at a $.99 showing in a small theater, not knowing a thing about it.

We nearly busted a gut laughing, and since then, it's been one of my all-time favorite movies. Not just Christmas movies, but all-time favorite!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
December 03, 2019, 11:31 AM
Puckpilot78

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
December 03, 2019, 11:51 AM
Pyker
You serious, Clark?
December 03, 2019, 01:38 PM
Expert308
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Bought the DVD several years ago to make it a Christmas tradition. Big Grin

It's a Thanksgiving tradition for us. My BIL and I have memorized pretty much the whole thing.
December 03, 2019, 02:01 PM
PASig

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!"

December 03, 2019, 02:28 PM
recoatlift
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]
https://y.yarn.co/6dccb028-30d...9818d56ea7d_text.gif
December 03, 2019, 03:05 PM
HRK

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsr_DALe9A