SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Lobster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lobster Login/Join 
posted
Ok. This movie sucked as bad as a movie can suck. Seriously. Horrible. That isn't the surprising part. I googled its movie reviews. The critics gushed over it. It was like reading a pamphlet on pretentiousness.

It's like the reviewers wrote the review without watching the steaming pile of everything bad about movies that was this movie. Poor script, purposely bad acting, bad dialogue. It even had John C Reilly faking a bad lisp. Why? Who the fuck knows.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I agree. It was pretty lack luster.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
And by the end I was contemplating poking my eyes out.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Was as much fun as watching a pot of water boil? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Waiting for someone to come along and say it was "art" and we just don't get it. Good Lord was that a horrible movie.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
You forgot to mention how depressing it was.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, I'm not crazy. You read the reviews and it actually talks about how this is the foreign director's best movie to date. Which makes me think his other movies are suicide inducing.

Worst movie of all time? Its on the short list.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

No, paint dry.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found it quirky enough to be amusing, until I didn't. The last 1/3 of the movie was like watching a train wreck and it took a full week to purge that movie from my head.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We're gonna pass on this one. Eek

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I like Ariane Labed - who played the maid. She was first in 3 of Athina Rachel Tsangari's films (Alps, Attenberg, The Capsule), and in Linklater's Before Midnight. She's one of the reasons I saw it for a second time (at the theater). And Lea Seydoux; The Grand Budapest Hotel, Diary of a Chambermaid, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Inglourious Basterds, most recognizable in Blue Is the Warmest Colour. You're right, you'all'd hate Dogtooth, his (Yorgos Lanthimos) best known film, or Alps.

I've come to realize that a critic's review is only as good as how much I agree with their past reviews - how their track record agrees with mine. Taking an unknown to you critic and comparing their write up with your experience makes about as much sense as walking into a restaurant and asking some random person how's the food?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Took me awhile to remember I saw the movie. That tells me it was forgettable.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

No, paint dry.

I watch paint dry for a living.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Not even Rachel Weisz could save this one. Worst movie ever.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it. Sounds like that's not a bad thing

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post