SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (spoilers inside)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (spoilers inside) Login/Join 
posted
Caught this on Saturday night...I very much enjoyed it. It followed the usual Jurassic formula...mess with relatively contained dinosaurs and people get eaten. I thought it had a Lost World feel with collecting and removing the dinosaurs off of Isla Nublar, but instead of a T-Rex through San Diego you had a Uber raptor running through a mansion about the size of the one in the first Resident Evil video game.

It is short but there is a post-credits scene that gives a glimpse into what the next JW may look like.

If you didn't care for any of the Jurassic movies after the first one wait for the at-home version to be released, but as a long time fan I found it fun to watch.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it yet--about to leave to go watch it, actually--but you haven't posted anything that can't be determined from watching a trailer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw it Friday with a couple coworkers, enjoyed it but liked the first JW better. We didn't stay for any credits scenes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it. Thought it was a really good sequel. The post-credit scene is entirely avoidable, though. Don’t even bother waiting to see it.

**EDIT: If there's one thing I can't stand more than a social justice warrior in a movie, it's a whiny douchebag IT guy played by a minority. Ironically, this particular whiny douchebag IT guy is played by a guy named Justice, as in Justice Smith. I was seriously wishing the "the black guy dies first" trope was going to come into play here, but alas I was sorely disappointed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Just finished watching it. Thought it was a really good sequel. The post-credit scene is entirely avoidable, though. Don’t even bother waiting to see it.

**EDIT: If there's one thing I can't stand more than a social justice warrior in a movie, it's a whiny douchebag IT guy played by a minority. Ironically, this particular whiny douchebag IT guy is played by a guy named Justice, as in Justice Smith. I was seriously wishing the "the black guy dies first" trope was going to come into play here, but alas I was sorely disappointed.

I couldn't agree with you more! That character and his high pitched screaming irritated the crap out of me. Other than him, my wife and I enjoyed the movie very much.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't seen it yet--about to leave to go watch it, actually--but you haven't posted anything that can't be determined from watching a trailer.

My bad - I included 'spoilers inside' in the thread's title so it could be discussed openly (and avoid two threads of the same movie).

I liked the connection made between Cromwell's character and Hammond. His granddaughter turning out to be a clone of his daughter was cool. Hopefully they reveal if she has dino blood in her in the next film.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
What was the post credits scene? I hate that shit and don't stay for credits.

Also, the entire movie was completely spoiled by all the trailers. Not a single climactic moment wasn't in one of the trailers. Absolutely nothing in the movie was tense or suspenseful because I had already seen how everything turned out from the trailers. Absolutely ruined the movie.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A quick Google says some dinos flying around the Eiffel Tower in Vegas. Couldn't find actual video of it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Post credit scene is now posted on youtube. Not worth watching, literally as described is a bunch of pterodactyls flying around and landing on the Vegas Eiffel tower. Yawn.

The movie was good to kill a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon, but was almost entirely predictable. Cloned granddaughter/daughter, doublecross of protagonists, etc.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Just got back from watching it.

Wow!

It was really good.

The end of Act 1 (escaping the exploding the island) was predictably depressing, watching all the dinos dying, but it was edge-of-my-seat drama from beginning to the end. Of course, it wasn't perfect, but I thought it was better than the previous film.

Not too much PC hollywood SJW crap that I could detect, and the black IT dude didn't bother me much (though my nephew was hoping he would die). My only real complaint was that it just ended. It didn't seem to have a conclusive ending; it seemed unnaturally truncated for some reason.

That young girl was excellent. When I saw her in the trailer, I thought "Great, ANOTHER annoying small child in mortal peril in a dino movie." Her role was really well-written and -acted, and she really demonstrated the proper role of a small child in this sort of movie.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I used to want an otter, but now I want my own Raptor.

Alas, there are too many bureaucratic pitfalls on the road to Velociraptor ownership. . .

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I used to want an otter, but now I want my own Raptor.

Alas, there are too many bureaucratic pitfalls on the road to Velociraptor ownership. . .

Gash durned govmit tellin' us we cain't clone our own super dinos! Keep yur hands offna my Ultraraptor!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I did immediately question the whole scene where the gas was killing the dinos, which led to their ultimate release.

Why not just leave them in their cages and open the friggin' emergency door, allowing the gas to escape and let the dinos stay caged??

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Also, did it appear as though the dinosaurs multiplied once she released them from their cages? There were more dinos milling around in the common area than could have fit in the cages.

I also think I noticed a goof. When the little girl, Maisie, first reached the bottom of the spiral stairs to escape Eli, she backed into an alcove immediately next to the stairs and nearly got killed by the new dinosaur. Later on, she runs past the spiral stairs into the same alcove but it changed into a dumbwaiter instead of a dino cage.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Was that the largest house ever built in earth?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, there was a 30ft tall T-Rex stomping around in the living room, so I'd say...

posted Hide Post
quote:

As a minority, I really disliked his character. First time I wanted the "black guy dies first" to happen. Yes he's an IT nerd. But did he have to be such a whiny, screaming little bitch? Ugh.

Otherwise I liked the movie. Didn't love it. It didn't leave me with much of a desire to see a 3rd World movie.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. It was good, but not as good as the last one. The scene where they're in the cage with the t-Rex to get blood for Blue, really freaked me out, maybe more than any other scene in the whole franchise...I was like helllll no haha...

It's extremely disturbing to see Blue looking out over the suburbs in the end. Just cause it won't eat Chris Pratt doesn't mean anyone else is safe Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

It's extremely disturbing to see Blue looking out over the suburbs in the end. Just cause it won't eat Chris Pratt doesn't mean anyone else is safe Eek

On the one hand, all the dinos have tracking beacons still implanted. The govt could track them all down pretty quickly. And, until then, Blue would snack on anything and anybody she came across. I doubt she would stick to goats and sheep. She *barely* would avoid killing Pratt; no way anybody else would get that consideration. She's still a raptor; a VERY violent and vicious predator.

Some of the promotional materials stated that many of the dinos had DNA (or RNA; can't remember) from a kind of lizard that is capable of asexual reproduction. So, if the dinos could spontaneously reproduce, THAT is the real danger. . .

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So, basically, the same issue they've had since the beginning of the series. And of course, the enzyme deficiency that was supposed to be fatal if not given daily doses was easily overcome by the dinos eating certain plants.