SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (spoilers inside)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (spoilers inside) Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
So, basically, the same issue they've had since the beginning of the series. And of course, the enzyme deficiency that was supposed to be fatal if not given daily doses was easily overcome by the dinos eating certain plants.

Same reason that they had the unexplained, highly inconvenient comm problems/static in Jurassic World and the greedy Nedry sabotaging the park in JP1 - to drive the plot. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
People screw with dinosaurs, something goes wrong, people become dino chow.

The next one could be interesting, now that the dinos are out and loose, the plot will change a little. We won't be going into their habitat and messing with them, they are in ours and coming for us.

Nothing like being out mowing the yard and suddenly you're raptor food...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
How about minding your business driving down a country road and a triceratops runs out infront of you Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
How about minding your business driving down a country road and a triceratops runs out infront of you Eek

In a world where there are Triceratops why wouldn't you be riding one to work? Wink
I'd just go full Flinstone.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

In a world where there are Triceratops why wouldn't you be riding one to work? Wink
I'd just go full Flinstone.

Yes! Slide down a brontosaurus neck! How about a little more genetic manipulation and have dog sized tri-ceratops and chicken size T-Rex!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I still wouldn't want a chicken sized t-Rex to bite me, imagine how relentless they would be...not as scary maybe but still dangerous lol

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Just got back from this. I felt I owed it to 6-year-old me to see this film, as it had both dinosaurs and a volcano in it. I wonder if 6-year-old me would've liked this film.

When everybody was running around the island, I thought it was a fairly stupid movie. When they got to the mansion, it became the stupidest movie I'd seen in a long, long, while. Only the inclusion of Toby Jones kept me interested, as he is one of my favorite character actors. Too bad they didn't give him anything to do except host an auction.

I will always have a problem with these 4-quadrant PG-13 "family-friendly" monster movies. I grew up with rated-R films like Starship Troopers, Predator, Deep Blue Sea, Aliens, and Piranha 3D. So many missed opportunities. They set up the perfect massacre scene at the end, and it ends up being a pacycephalosaurus head-butting a bunch of people. Ted Levine gets his arm bitten off, but apparently the wound is cauterized since there's zero blood. I would have given this film major points if it killed off its yammering Millennial characters, but alas...

To think there was a time when Spielberg, the original director of JP 1 and 2, could make a PG summer film like Jaws in the '70s, and have a 12-year-old kid pulled down into the surf by a killer shark in a fountain of blood. Now that's gritty adult storytelling from my youth that I miss! Can we go back to those days?

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I cant tell you how many times i was saying the it dude is gonna die here, or here, or here. And then the it love interest. The vet. She was awesome. More of her and less it dude. Secondly, WOO CAN NOT DIE. That man has had more chances than needed. But once i saw him leave uneaten, i knew it was gonna be another. And the trex stopping on that mage dino bone from the last kovie, so awesome. Like im still king bitch. Great movie, i loved it. But then again i grew up on jurassic park

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish Goldblum had a bigger part than rambling in front of legislators...couldn't even eek out "life finds a way" in his talk.

Between the proliferation of the DNA at the end and Woo clearly unhappy with the auctioning of the Uber raptor, I hope in the next one he shows a self realization of his life's work not turning out as he hoped. His character has changed substantially since the baby raptor's hatching in JP.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I felt like it was an ok movie overall and a pretty decent follow-up. It's hard to reboot a franchise and make it fresh and I think they did enough to keep it interesting. My oldest wants the video game so I guess they're making dinos fun for kids still. You have to suspend your disbelief and deal with some silliness but it's a enjoyable ride.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Just got back from this. I felt I owed it to 6-year-old me to see this film, as it had both dinosaurs and a volcano in it. I wonder if 6-year-old me would've liked this film.

When everybody was running around the island, I thought it was a fairly stupid movie. When they got to the mansion, it became the stupidest movie I'd seen in a long, long, while. Only the inclusion of Toby Jones kept me interested, as he is one of my favorite character actors. Too bad they didn't give him anything to do except host an auction.

I will always have a problem with these 4-quadrant PG-13 "family-friendly" monster movies. I grew up with rated-R films like Starship Troopers, Predator, Deep Blue Sea, Aliens, and Piranha 3D. So many missed opportunities. They set up the perfect massacre scene at the end, and it ends up being a pacycephalosaurus head-butting a bunch of people. Ted Levine gets his arm bitten off, but apparently the wound is cauterized since there's zero blood. I would have given this film major points if it killed off its yammering Millennial characters, but alas...

To think there was a time when Spielberg, the original director of JP 1 and 2, could make a PG summer film like Jaws in the '70s, and have a 12-year-old kid pulled down into the surf by a killer shark in a fountain of blood. Now that's gritty adult storytelling from my youth that I miss! Can we go back to those days?

If you want to see Jurassic Park without the PG-13 restraints watch Carnosaur.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday...I'd give it a 7/10 on the entertainment scale. Kinda had to do an eye-roll at the "save the dinosaurs" crusade from the get-go; I actually leaned over to my buddy and said, "This movie brought to you by PETA". I must admit, though, that it was a very sad scene in the movie when the Brontosaurus was getting burned alive. Yeah...kinda sad. I hate to see ANYTHING suffer, even if it's CGI. So kudos to the artistic staff for making that believable.

From then on though, as others have stated, it was predictable. Guy that seems nice is a greedy double-crosser, SHTF, dino's get loose, mayhem and craziness, etc., etc. There will definitely be a 6th movie with Woo's briefcase full of dino DNA and dinos running amok among the populace.

Final note...the CGI was incredible! Those are some gifted people, but I'm sure they're working with state-of-the-art software. I give it a thumbs up, especially if you go see it at matinee times during the day. Plus my preferred theater has the cushy recliner theater seating...very enjoyable!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post