SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    13-year old covers "Hard to Handle" for America's Got Talent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13-year old covers "Hard to Handle" for America's Got Talent Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Painfully awkward (likely redundant for a 13-year old) goes all Janis Joplin. Great reaction from judges and crowd.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Search for her on YouTube and you'll find she isn't new to any of this having competed in some UK youth Voice shows.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Here's a good one. Go to !:40 to get right to the song.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Painfully awkward (likely redundant for a 13-year old) goes all Janis Joplin. ...

Ol' Joe Cocker was a bit "painfully awkward", but soul had a hold of the man! Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Painfully awkward (likely redundant for a 13-year old) goes all Janis Joplin. ...

Ol' Joe Cocker was a bit "painfully awkward", but soul had a hold of the man! Big Grin

And Joe Cocker was who she made me think of. Talent without auto tune, just letting it rip, who cares what you look like.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was kind of reminded of Elaine dancing Smile

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

And Joe Cocker was who she made me think of. Talent without auto tune, just letting it rip, who cares what you look like.

Yep. If yer gonna sing real rock and roll, soul or blues, you gotta let go.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But she can't really sing. She had a terrible voice.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post