SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite “Justified” character?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite “Justified” character? Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
All six seasons come with Amazon Prime. See y'all later... Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Art all day long after this quote.

“You're like the hillbilly whisperer. We oughta put you on Oprah.”

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Raylan is the coolest cat on TV, period. The main character is not often the best character, but for me, Raylan is. Wife wouldn't hear of naming our kid Raylan so our next dog will have to do.

And I'd drink Winona's bathwater.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

And I'd drink Winona's bathwater.

Big Grin

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wynn Duffy is my pick. When we first meet him he tells a guy, "I'm going to take a torch and machete and make you as small as I can".

Then the last thing anyone says about him is, "he was last seen surfing in Tahiti".

And he was able to leave Harlan alive with the money.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And another favorite: Elmore Leonard. The dude who created Raylan.
If you research Leonard you finds lots of great stuff.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Tim Gutterson

I haven't finished the series yet, but I keep wondering why this character gets such short shrift.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Tim Gutterson

"I don't miss"

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Raylan for me, followed by Wynn Duffy.

Raylan is one of my favorite TV characters of all time, and ol Duffy - he cracks me up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all of them

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
After he kills Yolo? Raylan says something like,, many people have come to underestimate Constable Bob.

"People underestimate Bob at their peril."
Earlier in that story line, Bob said, "People underestimate me at their peril, Raylan."

Kudos to Patton Oswalt. If they didnt write that role specifically for him, he damn sure made it look like they did.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
It's pretty hard to choose one favorite character from such a well cast series. While Art is maybe my first choice because of the way he carries himself without taking himself too seriously, I also really enjoyed the characters Ellstin Limehouse and Mags Bennett. I think it's time to watch the entire series again.

Reading through this thread, I was thinking the very same thing.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way... I think I may actually have the whole thing on DVD somewhere.... if not Prime will do....

My initial answer to the question was Dewey Crowe.... but I do have to admit the guy who played Art is a very good actor and played that part to perfection...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I was so sad when I saw the last episode!!Poor old Rayland.
The geezer with the Alligator tooth Dewy??? he was such an eejut played by an Australian actor.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Zachariah Randolph, Ava's uncle, who tried unsuccessfully to kill Boyd Crowder in order to see Ava forever free of that clan.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a great series. Everyone was perfectly cast. I was so glad they never killed off Boyd. Art was fantastic. How many watchers sat around trying to decide between Wynona and Ava? I was a Wynona fan. The guy getting "dis armed", falling into the pit trying the 21' rule, so many great scenes.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jake Busey's character was a blast.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Tim Gutterson is always great, when he's in episodes.
i loved Quarrel's character as a love-to-hate bad guy.
Limehouse is pretty damn cool.
Wynn Duffy is great, but his body guard guy ends up being a good guy, too.
Dewey's an idiot, but kind of endearing.
Art's got great one-liners and comebacks to raylan's stupidity.
Dickie Bennett is also a well-written and well-acted character. I worked with a guy for a while who reminded me of Dickie - til he got fired for threatening to punch someone at work, so he was about as smart, too.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Raylan and Art. Definitely liked Ava and Winona for other reasons. Why did the show end so soon???

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mags was great

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post