SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite “Justified” character?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite “Justified” character? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have to go with Winona.

I must say the actor playing Dickie Bennet used the same mannerisms for the character he played in Rescue Dawn.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
I think it's time to watch the entire series again.

Sure is, have it on DVD - just finished the first episode today - good memories!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
After rewatching Season 3 I have to add that I really enjoy both Limehouse as a semi villain and Quarles as the big bad. Quarles was one mental breakdown away from running Kentucky.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite series ever ... If backed into a corner to pick only one, Art, for all the reasons mentioned. BUT, one has to give massive credit to the writers!

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Stumbled across this thread while looking for something else.

I had voted for Tim Gutterson before watching the entire series. I still think he was under utilized.

But, after watching the entire series, I have to change my vote to Boyd Crowder. His character really elevated the show. He had great chemistry with Raylon and dominated scenes when he was on his own. In fact, his character was so good that he could have been spun off into his own series the way Saul Goodman did in Breaking Bad.

I, too, think it’s time to watch the series again.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Have to go with Winona.

I must say the actor playing Dickie Bennet used the same mannerisms for the character he played in Rescue Dawn.

And Saving Private Ryan.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
This show has a special meaning for me, it provided my wife some much needed binge watching material during her 6 months of chemo treatment, it was her absolute favorite.

Dewey really made me laugh, especially the episode he thought his kidneys were harvested, hilarious.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have to go with Art with Ava a close second.
Justified is a hard series to pick just one. I like even the bad guys, maybe that's what makes it so enjoyable for me to watch.
I just finished watching the series after years of not seeing it. Good thing about getting old, you forget pretty much what you had watched a few years back.
I'm so tired of watching the 95% crap that's dished out now watching old series that are good is my viewing choice now.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
But, after watching the entire series, I have to change my vote to Boyd Crowder. His character really elevated the show. He had great chemistry with Raylon and dominated scenes when he was on his own.

If I recollect, quite possibly from this forum, the character of Boyd Crowder was not supposed to last long. Walton Goggins' performance altered the writing regarding his character and changed a bit of direction for Justified, to an extent and all of ours relief.

But going by the OP, Mr. Jones, we're not supposed to pick Boyd or Raylan.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Good thing about getting old, you forget pretty much what you had watched a few years back.
I'm so tired of watching the 95% crap that's dished out now watching old series that are good is my viewing choice now.

You and me both brother. I recently started watching the Rockford Files again from Season 1, Episode 1. Better than 99% of what else is on offer.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I just finished my third time through a few weeks ago. I love all the characters and how each season sort of rolled out a new “bad” guy to watch. One of the best TV series ever made in my opinion.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt, Art.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Have to go with Winona.

And Saving Private Ryan.

And the series Lost, Sleepy Hollow, the movie Solaris…

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Art Mullen without doubt!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Underscores just how bad most new TV and movies are

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Justified was consistently very good in all aspects. Writing. Characters. Character development through the arc of the series. I’ve actually watched all the seasons at least three times. I’m looking forward to the spin off with Raylan in Detroit, Justified: City primeval. Sometime 2023

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
While I would like to say and identify myself as Raylan Givens, I like and am too much like Art, so Art it is.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post