SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Chance U. (Netflix) Second Season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Chance U. (Netflix) Second Season Login/Join 
posted
The second season was released recently. EMCC back in the spotlight... Let's just say - they are not training future astronauts or neurosurgeons.

Well, at least they are trying to stay out of prison.

Anybody catch it?

Pretty much more of the same ... looks like they may do a 3rd season at a different JUCO.

====================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The counselor is a saint. It's painful to watch the kids throw away their last second chance.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
The counselor is a saint. It's painful to watch the kids throw away their last second chance.

For sure she's headed to sainthood. But that coach Buddy Stephens is an ass-hole.

How some of these kids managed to graduate from high school, let alone JC amazes me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It is very interesting. My wife taught special ed, and she says her students were exactly like that.

We are partly through season 2.

I was amazed by Ronald Ollie's perseverence in S1. That young man has been through tremendous tragedy. He can do well if he has proper mentoring. I hope DJ Law's dad continues to guide him to make the right decisions.

John Franklin III graduated from Auburn yesterday. He is very bright and well-spoken. Both of his parents are educators.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

John Franklin III graduated from Auburn yesterday. He is very bright and well-spoken. Both of his parents are educators.

Yes it was interesting because some were there because they 'did something stupid' and some were there basically because they 'are stupid'.

I realize that sounds harsh but if you are trying to stay in college but don't yet understand the basics of subject / verb agreement you probably don't belong there...

But I enjoyed the show because it sheds light on the nature of 'SOME' aspects of the college athletic underworld that we might not have known about. And as harsh as I sound - I certainly credit them with trying SOMETHING to make something of themselves.

Will be interested to see where / IF they go with a third season. I am past trying to like Coach Stevens. He just isn't someone I can excuse anymore (at least that's from what they edited to put together for the show...).

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Will be interested to see where / IF they go with a third season. I am past trying to like Coach Stevens. He just isn't someone I can excuse anymore (at least that's from what they edited to put together for the show...).

---------------------------------------

The third season will be at a different school. Brittany left EMCC to start her own business so there's little point in the show remaining on campus since the coach being an asshole is beyond stale.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's not TOO bright, or he'd realize he's not going to have a future in football and stop bouncing around looking for yet another place to try to start at QB. He had a real shot at receive with us, if he had taken the time to develop better hands instead of focusing on leaving.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Pretty fascinating.

I often found myself thinking the counselor was an enabler. I realize her job is to enable... to a certain extent. But the players take advantage of her and I have a low tolerance for their apathy and willing stupidity.

And Coach Stephens is a huge jerk, more by how he treats his staff than his players. Coaches are supposed to yell at players and he has to put up with far worse attitudes than any coach at a University. And his job is also to win. He certainly took things too far many times, but I have empathy for his stress.

I was glad they gave us a look at where many of the players come from... some had zero opportunity and some had it all. It was very interesting to see how they deal with adversity. Some of them react to quitting at the first sign of adversity simply because nothing in their life has ever turned out good. Some push harder and harder. I liked how it shows that people from all circumstances can achieve based on personal makeup.

I thought Season 1 was awesome... season 2 was merely good.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

He's not TOO bright, or he'd realize he's not going to have a future in football and stop bouncing around looking for yet another place to try to start at QB. He had a real shot at receive with us, if he had taken the time to develop better hands instead of focusing on leaving.

Proof that intelligence does not equal wisdom.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post