SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Johnny Crawford has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Johnny Crawford has died Login/Join 
posted
For those of us who are old enough to remember The Rifleman- Johnny Crawford has passed away. The article says that he believed that he was cut from the Mickey Mouse Club show because he was too distracted by Annette Funicello. It was surprising that he was close friends with Hugh Hefner.

It was also interesting for me to learn that Johnny & I shared ethnicities; British, German, Irish and Russian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...b2759a489_story.html

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to read this. He traded a bit on Mark McCain and appeared at rodeos for several years. Hadn’t heard anything about him for a long time though.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Loved the Rifleman ~ still watch it a lot.
He was a good singer too but that didn't make it very far.
RIP

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Lucas and Mark almost always had a good moral lesson for the youngsters watching to learn from. When we say the good old days this is what is meant. TV and Hollywood actually cared about airing things that were good for the national community. Compare that to the garbage that is on today. Most things on tv and in the theaters is designed to be morally corrupt.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just watching him today. RIP

Frown

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Johnny. I grew up on those old westerns.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met him a few years back at a western movie festival. Very nice man but not very tall. My nephew is 6ft 8in. We have a photo of Johnny Crawford standing on a chair shaking hands with him.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post