SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone see the film “Wind River”?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone see the film “Wind River”? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I haven’t seen it yet, but I have it saved. I like Jeremy Renner and it looks like a writer involved with Sicario worked on this film. Came out last year, anyone see it? Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As I recall there was a long thread on it. Perhaps do a search? It shouldn't have been culled yet.

Yup. Here.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you'll like it.

There's a good plot, the background scenery is excellent, and for the most part the movie flows pretty good and doesn't get too slow. There's no huge shoot outs or car chases like Sciario, but still a good movie.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn solid movie. Not for kids.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Very good one. Don't hesitate.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yep, really liked it. Seen it several times and purchased the DVD. Its a good one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Very good movie. Renner does a great job.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
Very good movie. Renner does a great job.

+1.

Love his comment at the end re: luck / the strong vs. the weak.

Elizabeth Olsen did a great job too IMO. I like that they didn't try to turn her character into Superwoman.

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good powerful movie.
spoilers below

an armed paramilitary unit on non-functional oil rigs? really?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
macGuffin
In Hitchcock’s Words

We call it the MacGuffin. It is the mechanical element that usually crops up in any story. In crook stories it is almost always the necklace and in spy stories it is most always the papers.
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
A good powerful movie.
spoilers below

an armed paramilitary unit on non-functional oil rigs? really?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, appreciated!

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Excellent directing, acting, story, and cinematography. There are also two completely drop dead gorgeous Native American women in it that will blow your hair back. I’ve seen Jeremy Renner’s ex-wife in the movie, in other work, and she is still stunning. The younger actress, wow, no words for how beautiful she is. Great gear and rifle in this film. For gun guys who like solid writing, it will be one of the best films in recent memory.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Excellent directing, acting, story, and cinematography. There are also two completely drop dead gorgeous Native American women in it that will blow your hair back. I’ve seen Jeremy Renner’s ex-wife in the movie, in other work, and she is still stunning. The younger actress, wow, no words for how beautiful she is. Great gear and rifle in this film. For gun guys who like solid writing, it will be one of the best films in recent memory.

Kelsey Asbille, the girl who plays Natalie (the primary victim) is actually Chinese- (father) American (mother.) Her real last name is Chow.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've dated several gals who are Natives and the overall theme of the movie, hit home as it was very similar to the stories they'd tell about being back home or, dealing with certain sides of the family.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Excellent movie.

I watched all but the last 40 min or so on a plane ride, got to just before the climactic scene (which, if you've seen a movie before, you know pretty much what will happen), and then the plane landed. On the flight home, the movie had been circulated out, so I ended up watching the end on Netflix a month or so ago.

Beautiful, well filmed, well acted, thoughtful, but not navel-gazing.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Yes. I really liked it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought it. Was just $10, now to find time to watch it!

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I think you'll like it.

There's a good plot, the background scenery is excellent, and for the most part the movie flows pretty good and doesn't get too slow. There's no huge shoot outs or car chases like Sciario, but still a good movie.

But there is an excellent gunfight.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Odd, I never saw anyone's breath, given much of it being outdoors in the cold; even the scene at the end with Gannett Peak in the background.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Odd, I never saw anyone's breath, given much of it being outdoors in the cold; even the scene at the end with Gannett Peak in the background.

probably too dry

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post