SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM Movie Heads-up Thomas Crown Affair
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM Movie Heads-up Thomas Crown Affair Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Not the oft shown remake with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo, but the original with McQueen and Faye Dunaway. Tomorrow, December 7, at 2000 MST. It’s preceeded by The Graduate, which may interest some here.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tmats.

You might want to check out Watch TCM. The site makes available everything on TCM for seven days after it airs. I use it all of the time and it's great.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, Tmats.

You might want to check out Watch TCM. The site makes available everything on TCM for seven days after it airs. I use it all of the time and it's great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I get a message that says requested content is not included in your subscription. Is this a pay site?

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I get it through my Comcast subscription and I pay nothing. No idea what other services they recognize.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Faye Dunaway.

I've read that she was a royal pain in the ass to work with. I wonder how McQueen put up with her?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Faye Dunaway.

I've read that she was a royal pain in the ass to work with. I wonder how McQueen put up with her?

She must have done something well. Peter Wolf put up with being married to her for five years.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Faye Dunaway.

She must have done something well. Peter Wolf put up with being married to her for five years.

As an aside, in college David Lynch (yes the film maker) kicked Peter Wolf out of their shared apartment claiming Wolf was "too weird". Now there's a barometer.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I get it through my Comcast subscription and I pay nothing. No idea what other services they recognize.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. Have another provider. That must be the issue.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Not the oft shown remake with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo, but the original with McQueen and Faye Dunaway. Tomorrow, December 7, at 2000 MST. It’s preceeded by The Graduate, which may interest some here.

Remake? What remake? Who would watch a remake of this movie? Pierce Brosnan instead of Steve McQueen? Poppycock.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
This is one if few where the remake is actually better, imo.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the original, but that might be a result of being in the movie as a 9 year old uncredited extra.
The polo shot at the start of the movie were filmed at the Myopia Hunt Club in Hamilton, MA, in the summer of '67.
Just about every kid in town worked there at one point or another, either as a caddy or at the polo fields, hot walking the ponies.
The ref on horseback you see clearly is my best friends father. I am one of the out of focus blurs in the background, but I know which one I am!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like this movie, but I too prefer the Brosnan version.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post