SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Night of the Comet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night of the Comet Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
All the eclipse stuff makes me think of this campy 80s "scary" movie. I loved it as a kid. Everyone that goes to watch the comet either gets incinerated or zombiefied, except for the handful of sheltered people.

Anyone else like these goofy movies?

No idea where to watch it today.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"The MAC-10 submachine-gun was practically designed for housewives."

Passing through the tail of a comet also caused trucks (and an occasional errant soft drink machine or drawbridge, but not cars!) to run rampant in Maximum Overdrive, and Mathilda May to attack people nekkid in Lifeforce. A solar eclipse created Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Daddy would have gotten us Uzis.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Wasn't some kind of celestial event the trigger for the uprising in Night Of The Living Dead? Comet, maybe?

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Night of the comet was great.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try "Day of the Triffids".

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Funny I had the same thought. Loved that movie!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
When I saw 28 Days Later, I thought it was a little more than inspired or influenced by Night of the Comet.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
DMK

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the dopey twat crossed against the light I was so hoping she would be run over by some Mad Max looking dude. Instead it's some metro dude who says he has ten Ferraris comes along and chastised her for crossing against the light. Douchebag. And "Daddy" is dead like pretty much everyone else.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
By the way, I always did dig that soundtrack. So '80s.

"Learn to Love Again" - Chris Farren and Amy Holland

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post