Find
Notify
Tools

The Foreigner Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Equal parts Death Wish, Patriot Games, and Taken.....but with a Chinaman! It’s actually adapted from a novel called The Chinaman. Good action and def not warm and funny like other Jackie Chan movies. I give it a solid B. It’s been a while since I’ve heard Pierce Brosnan’s proper Irish accent.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worth seeing in the theater? Matinee, maybe? I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm on the fence if I want to spend the money in the theater or wait 'til it shows up streaming or on rental DVD.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
Worth seeing in the theater? Matinee, maybe? I'm interested in seeing it, but I'm on the fence if I want to spend the money in the theater or wait 'til it shows up streaming or on rental DVD.

It’s worth a matinee

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Smile

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I've read the Stephen Leather book, The Chinaman, a number of times, and it's an excellent read.
Also try The Long Shot, by Stephen Leather. Another excellent book.

With The Foreigner out now, and Six Days coming out soon, it may be a good year for British movies.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad it's decent. My wife wants to see it, so it is a great compromise movie for us.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
I've read the Stephen Leather book, The Chinaman, a number of times, and it's an excellent read.
Also try The Long Shot, by Stephen Leather. Another excellent book.

With The Foreigner out now, and Six Days coming out soon, it may be a good year for British movies.

This movie was 100% made with Chinese money

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
This was a good movie. B+ at least.

Tight story, good action, really liked it.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just got around to watching this. This is an above average revenge film. Good grief, Jackie Chan was around 62 when he made this film? That's impressive. And, of course, we couldn't have the original title, could we? Heavens, no. Calling a man born in China a Chinaman is offensive.

Umm, let's see- America, American. Yeah. Offensive. Sure.

Anyway, I avoid almost all new films these days, but I enjoyed this one.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Watched it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post