Tools

12 Strong Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted
Looks like it will be a good watch.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hHQyDokxY6c

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Looks cool but..

It gets annoying when they feel the need to inject the same old "I'm going home to my wife/baby" storyline.

Just stick to the damn story of what they were doing while over there.

And come on, the old guy at the end pointing to his heart and laying on the cheese with "this is the strongest weapon"...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this one.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing they cast Michael Shannon in this.

He is a raging liberal.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...ronic-fcking-aholes/

Great story though. Read a book about this a few years ago. Amazing what such a small group of SF was able to do and best exemplifies what is 'different' about Army Special Forces (aka Green Berets) vs. some of the other Special Operations units like SEALs, Rangers, etc.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jib jabbed yourself. Razz

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I think it has promise.. I will probably go to it.

I showed my wife the trailer and she said No way they said that when the soldier said "Some of us aren't going to make it!"

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I read "Horse Soldiers" a while back, and I think I even Karma'ed a copy off.

I think the book will likely have told the story far better than hollywood can. Hopefully they don't screw the pooch on this one as bad as they often do.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Looks cool but..

It gets annoying when they feel the need to inject the same old "I'm going home to my wife/baby" storyline.

And come on, the old guy at the end pointing to his heart and laying on the cheese with "this is the strongest weapon"...

Beat me to it. Just tell the damned story! Forget the baby/wife at home BS.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Looks cool but..

Beat me to it. Just tell the damned story! Forget the baby/wife at home BS.

I can take a little of that as long as they don't throw in the obligatory dying quote, "Tell my wife........I love her".

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post