SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ginger Baker, legendary Cream drummer, dead at 80
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ginger Baker, legendary Cream drummer, dead at 80 Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Cream was never one of most favorite bands, but I liked them enough. But I recognized Baker as one of the great drummers in rock history. He was good. Rest In Peace.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...eam-drummer-dead.amp

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My favorite drummer. RIP

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Oh no! RIP Ginger Baker Frown

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great drummer. He was one ornery guy. I saw an interview sometime back by a journalist who interviewed when he was living on his compound in South Africa. Unnecessarily unpleasant would be a kind description. Here it is:

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
Ginger Baker and Levon Helm top my list. RIP.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"March to the beat of your own drum."
Yeah, man. That you did.

Live life on your terms, or be a slave to another.

RIP Mr. Baker.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
A drumming hero of my youth! RIP Ginger, you were a great one.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
SO sad to see you go. RIP.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Oddball summoned it up for me.

RIP Ginger.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I almost wore out the grooves listening to Toad when it came out. RIP.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

GREAT drumming there. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I am with you, Oddball and 0-0.

Sucks getting old and the circle of life continues....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
He made it to 80, really seems pretty remarkable; he always looked so skeletal. Big influence on a lot of drummers, I guess.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I tried a while back to watch Beware of Mr. Baker but the editing made it impossible for me.

Posts: 107265 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
RIP Ginger

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

GREAT drumming there. Cool

Check out this version.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpW6MePb10

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation, oddball, we thoroughly enjoyed this.

Cream showed up when I was at "that age", I'm not sure any of us knew what to think. Yeah, there was hype, it's a "supergroup", sez who and what the hell is this? It didn't take long for everyone to get up to speed. A pretty awful guy, the world is better for him having been here. RIP Mr. Baker.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post