SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tora Tora Tora on TCM at present (EDT)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tora Tora Tora on TCM at present (EDT) Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Sorry for the late notice but just turned on TV and was channel surfing when I found this on.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah all day long, war movies. I think it had something to do with tribute to John Wayne. I am not sure. I always check the TCM schedule online.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night again, long movie but a good cast and photography.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I saw it in the movie theater with my parents. Two rows behind us, there were a couple of teenage kids, maybe 14 years old. In the scene where sailors are burning and screaming, these kids were laughing and hooting like it was the funniest thing in the world. My dad got up, walked to their seats, leaned down and whispered something to the two of them. He came back, sat down, and those little bastards didn't make a sound for the rest of the movie.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Yeah all day long, war movies. I think it had something to do with tribute to John Wayne. I am not sure. I always check the TCM schedule online.

War movies every Thursday for the rest of the month I believe. Next week includes The Great Escape, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and The Guns of Navarone.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Longest Day is another one, and with an impressive cast too.
Many of them served or at least lived through that time.

The cast, in alphabetical order.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056197/fullcredits

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TTT interests me in its depiction of Yamamoto. He alone among the Japanese High Command knew the consequence of a war with the US. He opposed the the alliance of Japan with Germany and Italy. He also opposed the invasion of China.
And he paid the ultimate price for Pearl Harbor.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post