SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone a John Sandford fan?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone a John Sandford fan? Login/Join 
Picture of KurtZ66
posted
His new Lucas Davenport Prey novel, Golden Prey is out. So far, so good.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a fan.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
That fuckin Flowers!

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've read all of his stuff so far but I didn't know there was a new book out. Thanks!

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am fully up to date on all of his books, as they come out. Right now I am #1 on the waiting list for Golden Prey at my local Library of Congress. I have enjoyed every one.

His Singular Menace trilogy was an interesting change of pace from Davenport and Flowers. Co-authored with Michele Cook, his recent wife.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I I didn't know it was out, thanks

Can't wait it to read it.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Just downloaded it to the Kndle; there goes the rest of the afternoon. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
My wife loves the Lucas Davenport ones and I love the Virgil Flowers ones. Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it about time that Davenport gets on the big screen?
And NOT with Mark Harmon! Roll Eyes
And Matthew McConaughey would be a good choice for that fuckin Flowers!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Love all of Sandford's work. Golden Prey is the new title and he's done a great job with it.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We've listened to most of them using the Cracker Barrel audiobook rentals on trips.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just finished it and it was a good read. There was a lot of action and many well-developed characters. The plot was excellent: Everything seemed to flow logically and smoothly from the opening incident. The gun details were pretty realistic.

Unfortunately, Lucas turned out to be a lib and a close friend to an obvious fictional clone of Hillary Clinton in the end. That soured the novel for me. It would have been much better if Sanford had decided not to inject national politics into his Lucas Davenport series. Although I enjoyed this one, I'll have to read a bunch of five-star reviews before I acquire another of his novels. (Actually, I know that I'm finished with Sanford. There's too much other shit to read and too little time left to read it.)

Why do authors feel the need to inject their political views into their fiction? Charles Dickens was very bad about this, but his issues were so far in the past and so alien to us that they aren't irritating.

I read fiction to escape from everyday life. If I wanted to read the Washington Post then I would read the Washington fucking Post.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post