SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    When Watching Star Wars New Hope and Empire Strikes Back just remember...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Watching Star Wars New Hope and Empire Strikes Back just remember... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Luke and Leia are brother and sister.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Luke and Leia are brother and sister.

And the oppressed roboslaves would overthrow their masters if not for those damn restraining bolts

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
They're not siblings until Return of the Jedi so everything before then is allowable. Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

What you don't know, can't hurt you might feel good.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

What you don't know, can't hurt you might feel good.

A chimp and gorilla walk into a brothel...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also read that Darth Vader's mask/helmet are different in the two movies. Also, you notice how much slower J.E. Jones speaks. Worthless info.. I am full of it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Watching Star Wars New Hope and Empire Strikes Back just remember...

Don't talk like a millennial.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

He did it use the word “like”.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Wanted to decrease the level of confusion. Wink

posted Hide Post
Dude...spoilers...

Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It's really not that hard to find anachronisms in Star Wars. Such as:

Vader in ANH torturing Leia, yet NEVER 'sensing the Force' in her (he picks it up in Luke from 100 yards away during the trench run).

Vader getting bossed around by Tarkin in AHN, even though Vader is essentially the Vice President.

Tarkin calling the Jedi an 'ancient religion,' even though the Jedi were at the height of their power during his early adult life (what, 20 years previously?)

Vader acting bipolar (in ANH he was running around yelling at everybody; in Empire, he never so much as raised his voice, and was even more menacing as a result).

Somebody mentioned in another nerd thread somewhere that X-Wings couldn't go light speed until the plot needed them to in Jedi. . .

Luke and Leia were only brother and sister when they needed a 'wham line' in Empire. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Se my responses in bold. Razz

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
It's really not that hard to find anachronisms in Star Wars. Such as:

Vader in ANH torturing Leia, yet NEVER 'sensing the Force' in her (he picks it up in Luke from 100 yards away during the trench run).

She had deeply repressed her strength in the force (without knowing it).

Vader getting bossed around by Tarkin in AHN, even though Vader is essentially the Vice President.

Humility goes a long way when you taking over the universe.

Tarkin calling the Jedi an 'ancient religion,' even though the Jedi were at the height of their power during his early adult life (what, 20 years previously?)

Dude is like 100 yrs old. He probably couldn't remember when to change his diaper and Darth just wanted to get out of range. Besides, he (Tarkin) knew there was a flaw in the design and still stayed (even Vader was smart enough to get the hell off that thing).

Vader acting bipolar (in ANH he was running around yelling at everybody; in Empire, he never so much as raised his voice, and was even more menacing as a result).

More humility, see above.

Somebody mentioned in another nerd thread somewhere that X-Wings couldn't go light speed until the plot needed them to in Jedi. . .

They need the fuel to make the jump.

Luke and Leia were only brother and sister when they needed a 'wham line' in Empire. . .

You never know - maybe they both liked that familiarity when she kissed him earlier in the movie. Wink