SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching Bluebloods?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching Bluebloods? Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
For years it was must watch TV. Now not so much. Selleck for whatever reason has lost his appeal. Maybe his pushing reverse mortgages has something to do with it. Or maybe having the whole family connected to the NYPD seems a bit too contrived. More likely it's run its course and should be retired.

Erin is mostly annoying and not all that credible as a DA.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It continues to be successful after 10 years. While most network TV shows see declines in live viewership each year, Blue Bloods typically draws a very respectable number of viewers in its Fridays at 10pm timeslot. I’m just surprised Selleck has survived the network with its politics opposing his..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes, we (wife likes it) were.
It will be interesting to see what the storylines will be going forward.
On getting tired, sooner or later every series goes through this.
Not saying it is tired to me but that is up to each individual to decide.
YMMV

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to see what’s for supper, the family sure eats well, proper table settings.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
One of the few on the locals that I set the DVR for. Selleck has always been a favorite, on Blue Bloods, his westerns, and especially the Jesse Stone volumes.

Darn auto-correct feature was wreaking havoc with trying to get Selleck into words Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I binge watched it over a period of a few months to get caught up. I agree it's probably not realistic to have that many family members active in LE and the DA's office, but I think it's a vehicle to tie all those roles together vs having them all be separate story lines that are unrelated. You basically get a big picture overview of NYC from beat cop, to detective, to prosecutor/DA, to Commissioner.

I just hope with the current environment they don't go down the "social justice" path. They acknowledge the existence of "bad cops", hell their family member was killed by dirty cops, without making it into political theater. SVU is also going to start up again and they've already said they're going to delve into "police brutality" and racial issues. They've always leaned left, sometimes a little too much for my appetite, but I have a feeling in this environment they'll go from a lean to a leap.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I still enjoy it and consider it one of the prime exceptions to the sewage routinely put out by Hollyweird.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just finished the tenth season last week. I started watching the show about three months ago. It's pretty good, although some of the characters are extremely annoying--*cough* the three women who aren't Erin *cough*.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've seen a dozen or so episodes. I liked them. In one I caught a glimpse of a portrait of Theodore Roosevelt on a wall in Selleck's office. This is authentic, as Roosevelt was the first NYPD commissioner (actually the head of a board of commissioners).

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
We always record it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yes, the wife and I like it. Will be interesting to see how they cover the disintegration of NYC under DeBlasio if at all and how they will handle the operating under Covid restrictions.

Isn't it supposed to be back on soon with a new season?

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
In one I caught a glimpse of a portrait of Theodore Roosevelt on a wall in Selleck's office.

You don't pick up that Selleck is actually channeling Roosevelt when he wears that suit with the vest? Every time I see him in that, I think of TR!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watch it . There are a couple of characters I can do without , the youngest son , and the granddaughter are both annoying but I guess there is a need for them to balance things out .

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I still enjoy it and consider it one of the prime exceptions to the sewage routinely put out by Hollyweird.

I could not have said it better ^^^^^^^.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still watching. Mostly because of Selleck.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It’ll be interesting to see how all the COVID, BLM/ANTIFA situations that have/were/are experienced in NYC get incorporated into this year’s storylines. I don’t see how the writers couldn’t be put them in, as “9-11” event has been prominent in many of the episodes.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes , I watch it and reruns whenever it's on.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Who knows when the new season will start.

One of the things I liked about the show is that it was filmed entirely in NYC.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
We've watched it from the start. If it's all crazy PC crap when the new season starts that will be the end of my watching.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
We've watched it from the start. If it's all crazy PC crap when the new season starts that will be the end of my watching.
I'm hoping they know many people will feel the same way. They'd be stupid not to know who their core audience is, but they wouldn't be the first, to be stupid, that is.

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post