SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Last B-24" on PBS this Weds, Nov 7
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Last B-24" on PBS this Weds, Nov 7 Login/Join 
posted
Dive to the bottom of the Adriatic Sea in search of the Tulsamerican, a B-24 bomber that crashed off the coast of Croatia during World War II. In 2010, divers located the plane. Now the Department of Defense, aided by the Croatian Navy and some of the world’s leading underwater archaeologists, sets to work investigating the wreckage.

It's on at 2000 here in Iowa, check your local listings. It's on again the 8, 9, and 11th.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/last-b-24/

https://www.pbs.org/video/last-b-24-preview-blj5ks/

One of the survivors was a local guy:

https://qconline.com/news/loca...-141c0eb4e05e.html#1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I checked my PBS magazine and the episode airs here in St. Louis at the same time (7 Nov at 8:00 PM).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thank you.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTTW (PBS Chicago) lists it at 9pm Wednesday.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump. It's on tonight at 8PM in Iowa, check your local PBS station.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the link, missed it if it was on in my area last night. I'll watch it today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Interesting on some of the history of the B-24. I've met at least one of the group members - not shown last night. Fascinating and very respectable work they are doing.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I thought that this was well done!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post