SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone Watch "The Goldbergs" Here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Watch "The Goldbergs" Here? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We discovered and promptly fell in love with this show 2 years ago or so.

It's SO funny to see a show set in your local area and hear all the name dropping going on about local businesses and landmarks from that era "It was May 28th, 1980-something". Places like Wawa, The Spectrum, Veterans Stadium, the Willow Grove Mall, etc.

Their neighbors on the show, the Kremps, are a real family and still live there in the Jenkinton, PA area and have a florist business to this day.

This past weeks episode brought happy memories back when they mentioned Martin's Aquarium in Jenkintown which was a local large aquarium/fish/pet store that my Dad used to take all us kids to. It was nothing like a Petsmart or anything today, that place was dirty, noisy, smelled funny and was haphazardly set up and it was AWESOME! Big Grin

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its the only thing on , so yeah.
I hope the kid gets a real voice instead of that annoying cartoon voice, its getting old quick.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Yes, my wife and I really enjoy that show...I think it's the only sitcom that we watch anymore. Funny stuff.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like it. And I think most sitcoms are shit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great show!
A quality family show that is maybe the best sitcom since the Wonder Years.

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
This Adam Goldberg or the other Adam Goldberg?

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watch it all the time,that and The Middle. They are clean and we can relate to each.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the daughter is looking water retentive and wearing baggy cloths,

is she pregnant?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
We love that show at my house. I grew up in the 80's and relate to it very much. My 7 year old likes it too, but I wish they didn't cuss so much.

Yes bendable, she's getting thicker.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very popular in my house.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I watched the first three episodes the other day, love it. No way to get caught up though without paying per episode Frown

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it but grew up in Philly so I'm biased as I get all the references

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen episodes yet, but I live in Lower Bucks now. You've piqued my interest.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post