Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Well, I thought it was about time I checked this show out. After all, it's only been out 14 years. Roll Eyes

I watched the first four episodes last night and really got into it. Any other fans?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Its excellent for the first few seasons. I bailed out on season 4 I think.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Its excellent for the first few seasons. I bailed out on season 4 I think.

Same here.

Went from interesting and engaging, to boringly repetitive and overly outlandish.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
An excellent series that really circled the drain at the end.
The first few seasons were the best.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The John Lithgow season is the best one and it's his best acting to date, IMO.

The girlfriend character is annoying throughout.

But it's fun overall.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
We bailed when we got to the season with Julia Stiles' character.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We watched it all a few years ago. We enjoyed it. Probably would want to do it again.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan and recently re-watched the entire series again. As the others have said it gets boring in the later seasons but was still a great show. My biggest complaint is the series finale was abysmal in my opinion; but it's still worth watching the show from beginning to end.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The John Lithgow season is the best one and it's his best acting to date, IMO.

The girlfriend character is annoying throughout.

But it's fun overall.

This is where I am now and enjoying Lithgow's character, but definitely get the girlfriend/wife thing. She's a pain in the ass!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I watched and enjoyed the entire series.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I got all the way to Season 8 and fizzled out about 4 episodes in--entirely due to his sister.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
This is stupid but I also got so tired of the friggin background tracks. Any slightly emotional scene automatically that same salsa guitar riff

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I binge watched it in a couple weeks. It was a great series and being from Fort Lauderdale I enjoyed the somewhat local scenery.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I watched a couple episodes then stopped. Still have it on my watchlist so I may revisit.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the first four seasons. I’ve thought about rewatching it but have t so far. I just downloaded the first book to listen to while mowing my yard.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiler ahead

It gets old and weird (sisterthing) and then ends badly. Makes me wish I had stopped a lot earlier. The sister angle was just perverse by the way.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Spoiler ahead

It gets old and weird (sisterthing) and then ends badly. Makes me wish I had stopped a lot earlier. The sister angle was just perverse by the way.

If I remember, they aren't true brother/sister. Dexter was adopted I think.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost track of it after the second or third season, but I liked what I saw.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked the first few seasons, but I think I bailed by season 5, maybe sooner. Seems like a show that over-stayed its welcome...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Season 1-3/4 are excellent, then it starts a downward spiral to ludicrous - although I did finish it out but was glad to see it end.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post