SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    LOTR Trilogy in 4k Extended Edition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Trilogy in 4k Extended Edition Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
My son asked for and received the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in UHD 4k as an Extended Edition. It's such a great story that I'm sure I'll watch it all with him. But we did the first film last night. It takes TWO Blu-Ray discs to get one of these films in as they are 4 hours plus each!

Anyone else a huge LOTR fan here?

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Where did you locate the 4K set??
Amazon, Best Buy, Ebay, and google are coming up with nothing in regard to 4K sets or single discs for that matter.

Would love to see these on the in-laws 85”!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Had no idea a 4k extended set even existed. We have the bluray set. You may want to double check that 4K part.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Had no idea a 4k extended set even existed. We have the bluray set. You may want to double check that 4K part.

I can’t find a single 4K mention anywhere.
The BluRay alonenof these films is awesome 4K would be absolutely mind blowing.

————————————————

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Love it. The Fellowship of The Ring is the best of the three, imo. The entire film is worth watching. The Two Towers and The Return of The King have too many boring sequences they actually put me to sleep.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I can’t find 4K either

Are you sure it’s just not the Blu-ray extended edition?

If you can post a link if it is 4K I’d be grateful. My wife just bought me a wonderful Samsung for Christmas

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not seeing anything on Amazon for a 4K version, they usually have a variety of intl versions. Got a link to where you got it?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Until rogue comes back and lets us know where the 4K version can be bought, all my research says it hasn’t come out in 4K. But there is speculation that it might be available after 2021.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I am not the only one that has come up empty on this. I admit my Google fu is weak, but it’s not THAT weak

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Until rogue comes back and lets us know where the 4K version can be bought, all my research says it hasn’t come out in 4K. But there is speculation that it might be available after 2021.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone found them yet?

————————————————

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The dude has made many posts since this one. I guess he's a hit-n-run thread starter.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Maybe he just watched it on a 4k tv lol

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
2 years later and it is actually a thing!!
Lord of the Rings, The: Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended & Theatrical)(4K Ultra HD + Digital) [Blu-ray] https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0...i_fabc_VSQYFbY2DHPXW

Supposed to be stunning!!!

————————————————

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I dunno... I'm a huge fan of the films, and I'm sure it's pretty, but I already have the EE on Blu-Ray, so is it really worth another $80 over that?

Of course, that's only like $7 per hour, so... Big Grin

(Also note that this new 4K release is only the films. It doesn't contain any of the massive amount of behind-the-scenes content that's in the DVD or Blu-Ray EE versions.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I don’t even care about the Extended Editions. Thinking about buying the theatrical release folks are selling on eBay since they don’t want them.
$40 seems to be the going rate. I don’t have a 4K but the in-laws do.

Hell it will be 2030 by the time I actually get to sit down and watch them in their entirety again.
Lucky to get a 45 minute show in twice a week around here.

————————————————

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Wow! What the hell happened here? Confused sorry guys. Guess I forgot I posted this. I don't come to the Lair a lot. Clicked on this thread this morning and was darn surprised to see "I" started it. Probably wasn't drunk at 7am. Probably...

I went to the closet and checked it out. It was Blue Ray HD, which I must have assumed was 4k. Sorry.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
HBO Max will have it in 4K HDR

No, that headline is misleading.

1) Wonder Woman 1984 was just announced for 4K streaming on HBO Max.
2) LOTR was just released on 4K disc.

They ran the two together in the headline, making it sounds like LOTR will stream in 4K, but there's no specific mention of LOTR 4K streaming on HBO Max in the article.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
HBO Max will have it in 4K HDR

No, that headline is misleading.

1) Wonder Woman 1984 was just announced for 4K streaming on HBO Max.
2) LOTR was just released on 4K disc.

They ran the two together in the headline, making it sounds like LOTR will stream in 4K, but there's no specific mention of LOTR 4K streaming on HBO Max in the article.

Ah, the headline is indeed misleading. They do however towards the end of the story mention sites reporting that Apple TV and Amazon are upgrading their digital offerings to 4K. I don't have a BR player, and no plans on buying one, so I'll have to wait for streaming.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The UHD version is remastered AFAIK, and they reworked some of the CGI to clean it up supposedly? It’s supposed to not have the green hue any longer.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post