SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New CBS series - The Equalizer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CBS series - The Equalizer Login/Join 
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I just saw the trailer 2 minutes ago. It looks really bad.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Geez. Next thing you know they will have a female James Bond....

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I haven't watch a network program, entertainment, news what have you in 15 years. I find all of the series and most any entertainment program so vanilla, and most times with some sort of agenda... usually left leaning that I just can't watch.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I have been mulling this over since it was first posted.

I think Queen Latifah is a very talented woman across a wide spectrum.

While I generally think it’s trite to simply change a characters race or sex and call it new in most media instead of taking the effort to create a new character this can be done well at time so I’m not vehemently against a woman playing a given part etc.

Now all that said all I keep coming back to when I think of Queen Latifah playing the Equalizer is.....

quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

I’d watch a Denzel Tv version in a heartbeat, he nailed it imo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
ha, Queen Latifa.

She's cool, otherwise, but this seems doomed.

She was good in Stranger Than Fiction.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Was watching the golf yesterday and it was announced as a new original series.

Wrong on both counts.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the entertainment industry has gone total PC. Guess I’ll get some more books to read this year instead of watching this crap.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
What the fuck exactly is she the queen of? LMAO

What's funny about this show is she is too big, and too immobile, to pull it off. Just like that Batwoman series where the lady is trans, gay or whatever, and is rail thin. That MMA lady/actress could have pulled this show off. AT least she is physical. But to pull it off yo have to sell it. That's why the men in tights superho films, at least the guys work out, take steroids, and get big to sell it. With women the physicality is tossed so it's a double standard.

That's been one of my gripes with the superhero movie genre, while the guys are getting jacked, eating crazy amount of chickens and taking HGH to put on the bulk, none of the gals are putting on any of the muscle needed to pull it off. I'll hand it to Gal Gadot, she's fit and ScarJo worked-out enough to tighten her backside but, the majority of the female 'supers' have zero muscle mass to be convincing. If anything they should look like a competitive swimmer or, gymnast: broad shoulders, tree-trunk thighs and backsides. Gina Carrano: the only realistic superhero body in Hollywood...and now dealing with the 'woke', cancel culture freaks.

Latifah...yeah, she physically looks like she's better off running the PR for a department, not a vigilante with a 'unique set of skills'.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Women always get a pass on things such as this. It’s unequal the rules for men and women. The only woman I remember, in recent memory who hit the weights (besides Gal Gadot) for a role was Jessica Biel. She lifted and put on some muscle for Blade Trinity and kept it going for a number of years. The rest of them I guess it’s yoga or Pilates. I happen to think women with lean muscle mass are very attractive.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Soon we'll have:

Have Gavel will Travel
The Lone Rangerette
Lil Miss Rambo

You're absolutely correct! This world has sho gone cwazy.. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Ok stay tuned folks as it is rumored that an older shaved head Sigourney Weaver has been earmarked to replace Patrick Stewart as Capt Picard at the helm of the Enterprise on a new an upcoming series on CBS Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Oprah will be the sidekick.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
It's a comedy, right?

I foresee clips with a laugh track dubbed over causing some extreme butthurt.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not my kind of movie. but each to his own!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I get it now Roll Eyes

Queen Latifah on why a Black woman 'Equalizer' is 'necessary' right now

QL - "Because of the racial history of our country, too many people of African descent in this country, are in jail, unnecessarily," she says. "There's clearly a problem there. There’s clearly an imbalance there. There’s clearly injustice there."

No wonder she feels the moment is right for an "Equalizer."

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had not planned on watching it, but the opening scenes pulled me in and I wound up watching it. Aside from the one item above mentioned by Ripley, I thought it was okay, and better than I expected. That was a surprise. I expected it would be terrible.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Newark NJ’s own Dana Elaine Owens. Self appointed Queen...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There’s clearly an imbalance there.

Answer to that.....stop committing crimes, (and much of that is black on black.)

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I saw the opening scene of one ep and that was all I could take. They might has well have called it The Tranquilizer. The obviously fake fighting, let alone the silly dialog, was just ridiculous. Even actors with little or no previous martial arts background train, often extensively, to both look and act the part. It was very apparent that QL did nothing.

It's not a put-down on peoples' physical appearance to expect it to befit the character they are supposed to play.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post