SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Bring back Peter Green!! Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Bring back Peter Green!! Big Grin

0-0

Or at least Bob Welch. Smile

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'd say that I'm a fan of Fleetwood Mac music, at least many of their classics...but I don't know that I would get too crazy on over-paying for a concert ticket to see them.

I don't have any first hand info on why Buckingham was fired but supposedly the band was gearing up for this upcoming tour last Summer and Buckingham was on board as of last August so whatever changed, it changed fairly recently.

There is some speculation that perhaps there was disagreement as to how many concert dates they would play and/or the actual tour schedule. I've heard some suggestions that perhaps the band and Buckingham parted on good terms.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I think Mike Campbell is an improvement. I've never been to a FM concert but I might go now just to see Mike Campbell play.

Buckingham is twice the guitarist of Campbell, and I like Mike Campbell. You also forgot the fact that Buckingham is the lead singer of his numerous compositions, songs that he wrote.

Apparently FM doesn't think so

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So we still don't know why LB was canned?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
So we still don't know why LB was canned?

Nothing definitive but a lot of conjecture. The leading one, being that he and Nicks were having issues regarding the music played at concerts. Lindsey and Nicks have had a shaky history and Lindsey's leaving for 10 yrs in the past was due to the same reason. Who knows the real reason.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Nothing definitive but a lot of conjecture. The leading one, being that he and Nicks were having issues regarding the music played at concerts. Lindsey and Nicks have had a shaky history and Lindsey's leaving for 10 yrs in the past was due to the same reason. Who knows the real reason.

As you know, those two have had a love/hate relationship since it began in the 60s. Second Hand News, Dreams, Never Going Back Again, Go Your Own Way, etc..., those were all written about each other. And that was 40+ years ago.

You'd think that after all this time they'd have figured out how to deal with one another. Big Grin

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

As you know, those two have had a love/hate relationship since it began in the 60s. Second Hand News, Dreams, Never Going Back Again, Go Your Own Way, etc..., those were all written about each other. And that was 40+ years ago.

You'd think that after all this time they'd have figured out how to deal with one another. Big Grin

Yeah, you'd think that they would get their shit together. In 2014 when Christine McVie rejoined the band, their tour was breaking attendance records. They were a money making machine.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Since I am a child of the 80's I was a fan of Stevie Knicks first and then on to Fleetwood Mac. Hearing that he left the band did not surprise me, but after all this time one would hope they understand they are better together than apart. Stevie got well and fought back, Christine came back. It was this amazing and magical season.

It is sad to see it apparently over.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post