SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Guilty Pleasure: Reaction videos by Jamel_AKA_Jamal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guilty Pleasure: Reaction videos by Jamel_AKA_Jamal Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
So a few months ago I ran across this guy's YouTube page and I've been hooked. He's a good natured tall black man that grew up listening to gangsta-rap. He loathes today's music and sought to broaden his music horizons and does reaction videos from artists dating back to the 1950's through maybe the early 2000's.

Watching his videos is like introducing a new friend to your record/8-track/cassette/CD/MP3/iTunes collection. His latest discover is "The Talking Heads."

He's reviewed all kinds of music from bands including The Who, Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Meatloaf, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Elvis, The Carpenters, Redbone, In Living Color, Rush, The Moody Blues, Dire Straits, Selena. I think I even saw some Vicente Fernandez in there too.

If you're curious about checking out some of his videos, here's his page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jayglol/videos

This is the first time he's ever heard Van Halen...

SRV...

Rush 2112...

Fist time hearing Uncle Ted...

This one was pure comedy...

Hope you all find these as entertain and nostalgic as I have.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I saw his reaction to a music video produced by Riot Games, as well as one to a music video from Living Colour. To me, he's really annoying; however, I appreciate that he enjoys rock music.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There are a hundred of these people out there on YT, and I’ve only watched a very few, but just a few days ago I was intrigued about Jamel watching John Prine’s “Sam Stone.” He seemed to be sincerely moved by the song and I was equally moved by his take on it.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post