SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Avicii found dead Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avicii found dead Friday Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted
I was not a fan of his music but going at 28 sucks.

ByFrank Camp
@FrankDCamp
April 20, 2018

On Friday, Swedish DJ/musician Avicii (real name: Tim Bergling) was found dead in Oman. He was just 28.

Avicii was perhaps best known for his 2013 breakout hit, “Wake Me Up,” featuring the voice of Aloe Blacc. Other popular songs by Avicii include “Hey Brother” and “Lay Me Down” featuring the voices of Dan Tyminski and Adam Lambert, respectively.

Publicist Diana Baron released a statement regarding her client’s passing: “It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii. ... He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

In 2014, Bergling had his gallbladder and appendix removed. In 2016, he stopped performing live due to health problems, according to CNN. Bergling dealt with acute pancreatitis, which he said was the result of “drinking way too much,” reports TIME.

In an open letter in March 2016, Bergling wrote in part:

My path has been filled with success but it hasn’t come without its bumps. I’ve become an adult while growing as an artist, I’ve come to know myself better and realize that there’s so much I want to do with my life. I have strong interests in different areas but there’s so little time to explore them.

Two weeks ago, I took the time to drive across the U.S. with my friends and team, to just look and see and think about things in a new way. It really helped me realize that I needed to make the change that I’d been struggling with for a while.

My choices and career have never been driven by material things, although I’m grateful for all the opportunities and comforts my success has availed me. I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist.

I will however never let go of music – I will continue to speak to my fans through it, but I’ve decided this 2016 run will be my last tour and last shows. Let’s make them go out with a bang! One part of me can never say never, I could be back ...but I won’t be right back.

He later wrote the following on his website:

We all reach a point in our lives and careers where we understand what matters the most to us. For me it's creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do. Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.

The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Bergling’s last major release came in August 2017, with the EP “Avīci.”

As news of his passing broke, fellow musicians offered their condolences on social media.....

link

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him but I'm a dinosaur.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
It's a shame such a talented artist died so young.

One of my favorites of his

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StayFrosty:

Powerful stuff. How does a Swedish musician come to produce a video like this?

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Another good one. A little haunting now as well.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by StayFrosty:

Powerful stuff. How does a Swedish musician come to produce a video like this?

Europeans know way more about us than we know about them.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never heard of her

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I hate this, really liked some a bunch of his stuff. some great music.

He will be missed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope me either. Have not heard any songs. I love music too.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Good musician, but a powerful reminder to teach my children that having everything can still mean nothing. The man had everything he could ever want and chose to end his life.

His choice. His stupid foolish choice. He's an idiot for making that choice no matter how drugged up or depressed he was.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post