SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I doubt it was written and filmed over 5 months ago. I'm just surprised they are not going nuclear on the topic. After all, it is being written and made in Hollywood by writers that have an agent point his Glock at a terrorist and then audibly cock it.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Now Aaron is working for Hookstraten and he has that file on President Kirkman that no doubt has some dirt on him and she is from the opposition party and next in line for President now that his VP is dead. Very interesting.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I thought the gun debate was brought up and dealt with pretty good. It is a topic of discussion good or bad.

I like the show but I'm afraid it will run off course and forget how and why Kirkman was brought into the presidency.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We've been watching this show, but I absolutely hated the last episode on so many levels, and it goes beyond the anti-Second Amendment theme. I'm speaking in particular of the actions of the two FBI agents in pursuit of the bombing/conspiracy suspect. Horrible

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
If you hated last week you'll shoot your tv tonight.
I'm watching it and it's about guns

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Ok I watched it. 99% of the show tonight was about the gun shit. Too bad I liked the show. That was the only show I watched on ABC now I can just bypass ABC

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Episode 16 "Party Line"

Well, damn. Pres's first bill, addressing gun control, though just backround checks, and subject to amendment as it moves through legislature. I did not feel like celebrating with pizza when the bill pulled a Seabiscuit, sorry.

The underground compound in North Dakota. Is this the belly of the beast, as many hypothesized from the start, i.e. the conspiracy is home-grown and right-winging? Lots of extra bombs, too.

And what's with the FLOTUS? Sensing something, a loose cannon that just needs bolting down, or is there more to the story? My gosh, they got to the First Lady, radicalized, and doing a good job of keeping the First Husband just off-balance (??!!)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yea, I'm with many here. I DVR most all TV shows to be able to jump the commercial breaks but I could only get thru about the first 10-15 min of this episode before I deleted it. I hope any future episodes keep on topic from the original theme. I enjoyed the show for the most part but I just don't want to listen to gun control issues and scripted opinions. Too bad Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
If it feels like the last two gun control themed episodes were written by the gun control lobby, you weren't far off the mark:

quote:

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, one of the country's leading gun control groups, said they gave a presentation to the team behind the primetime show starring Kiefer Sutherland.

The Brady Campaign said they were happy with how the series portrayed the issue of gun control.

Brady's work to influence Designated Survivor is part of the group's larger campaign to influence television and film. The group consulted on the script of Miss Sloane as well as scripts for episodes of The Good Wife and Grey's Anatomy.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/g...oup-briefed-tv-show/

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
If you hated last week you'll shoot your tv tonight.
I'm watching it and it's about guns

We record and watch too. Got in a minor argument with my wife over the episode and we ended up turning it off about half way through. I think the breaking point for me was that background checks would help stop drive-by shootings in Chicago. I really tried to stay quiet because there are not many shows that we sit and watch together--I couldn't

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We also DVR and have not watched this one yet. The last one we saw, I could feel my wife looking me over for signs of being fed up, but I got through it just fine. It was obvious they were setting up for an anti gun extravaganza episode but I didn't think it would be right away.

I kind of liked the show, too. Maybe I could just skip this one episode.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just watched the last episode and what a bunch of bullshit including the 84 percent of Americans supporting universal background checks spoken repeatedly and that all the republican senators really believe the universal background checks is the right thing to do.

No senator would ever trust their career to what the speaker of the house promises. Then the remarks by Kirkman that the one senator did not have the guts to do the right thing and the meeting with victims of "gun violence". Roll Eyes

Don't know if I can watch another episode of this leftist propaganda.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
There was a lot of swearing from my recliner last night.

I made it through, but only by concentrating on the silo issue.

Is the press room or whatever really named the James Brady conference thing, or whatever. They made sure to label that location.

Horseshit. I like Keifer,but if this is going to stay focused on gun BS, I will give it up.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I just got to watch this week's episode today and it was my least favorite episode by far. I've been an advocate here for the show but this week's episode...sucked.

I hope they get off the anti-gun kick and back to what the show is about soon.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First this "gun control" derailment: next I think we are about to find out that the bad guys are far right zealots who want to make America great again.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've loved the show so far, but the last two episodes have made my blood boil. I'm giving it another couple of shows to change directions or else I'm out. Hopefully, since they had the vote in the Senate, the show will move on to something different.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I made it through the latest episode but not without a bunch of eye rolling and various cuss words. If they do one more episode like this I'm out. Not even the missile silo full of explosives can keep my interest. Too bad, this has been an interesting show to watch. Next week looks like they're going to put the Supreme Court back together. It's going to be a bunch of political bs though I've had enough of that in real life.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"So, Hookstraten (possibly co-witnessing a VP nomination) helped get the gun control bill passed. Yay us!" You know what, D.S. writers: Fuck you.

We have another Republican profiled up as a manipulative partisan agenda pusher.

The two FBI agents have discovered the home-grown ultra-con terrorist group has a name and a handbook.

Speaking of agent Wells, she's sure showing up on everyone's speed-dial list.

Nestor Lozano ("Catalan"): I wonder if he has NVWS tattooed on himself somewhere.

And next week we get the Traitor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Just one button to delete this from my DVR series recordings...the hack political jabs are getting old in the tooth.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
That's really disappointing and I will definitely skip latest episode if not quit watching all together.