SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
(not sure why I'm avoiding spoilers, the show aired nearly 24 hours ago)

Just erring on the side of caution. Spoil away.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
TV Guide has a nice recap of the mid-season ender episode "Warriors". Interesting development developing is the tag-teaming of President Kirkman and practically-rogue FBI agent Hannah Wells. I could see sort-of a Jack Bauer/Chloe relationship, only in reverse.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm back watching

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
So, a person (not sure why I'm avoiding spoilers, the show aired nearly 24 hours ago) gets shot in THE HEART and is being wheeled to surgery sharing touching moments with a loved one?
Jesus.
And, we all saw that the shot was "pulled" off target. Didn't we?
Not trying to be super critical, but I think viewers should be treated like they can function beyond working a remote.

I guess I'm one of the few actually enjoying the show for what it is. I don't think too hard and just enjoy it for the twists and turns it has. It it feasible that he survived the shot like he did? No, but it's a TV show for goodness sakes. If you don't like it you can always turn it off or not watch it at all.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
So, a person (not sure why I'm avoiding spoilers, the show aired nearly 24 hours ago) gets shot in THE HEART and is being wheeled to surgery sharing touching moments with a loved one?
Jesus.
And, we all saw that the shot was "pulled" off target. Didn't we?
Not trying to be super critical, but I think viewers should be treated like they can function beyond working a remote.

I guess I'm one of the few actually enjoying the show for what it is. I don't think too hard and just enjoy it for the twists and turns it has. It it feasible that he survived the shot like he did? No, but it's a TV show for goodness sakes. If you don't like it you can always turn it off or not watch it at all.

You sound like my brother. I realize it's entertainment, and we have to suspend belief to get through it, but that sequence was just too stupid to have gotten filmed. What's next, blow half his head off and explain that away somehow?
I'm fond of the show, although it is just a prime time soap opera.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Felt good when Agent Wells finally unloads the beans to President Kirkman.

Sad about the deputy director's son.

Nice, moving speech from Seth about Kirkman's character (is his name an homage to the original Star Trek Captain Kirk?).

MacLeish is deaded. Now what?? And what the hell happened on that mission?

SCHEDULING NOTES: The Season finale is only 2 weeks away.

March 22, 2017: "Backfire"
March 29, 2017: "Commander-in-Chief" (Season 1 Finale)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
I didn't expect that.

I knew MacLeish and his wife were part of something bigger, but I thought they were just in it for themselves. I didn't think they were true believers in "the cause". I'm still not sure he was, but she sure was.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out why Agent Wells was the only person in proximity for the "take down", that made no sense except to allow the the plot line to continue with at least a dead VP.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^^I noticed that, too.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:

Thank you for saying this.

I feel the same way about many shows that get picked apart here. There's always some criticism about weapon handling or something else. It's a TV show for crying out loud. Meant to be entertainment and nothing else.

That said, I can't stand the show mostly because of Kiefer. I like him in some things (he shines in westerns) but mostly not. The first few episodes of this show were good and enough to keep me watching, but his character just drove me nuts enough to stop watching.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Didn't see any of that coming. I'm glad the wife offed herself. I've wanted to do it myself for some time haha.. Only lead now is the woman that found out agent Wells wasn't in custody. So yeah, now what?

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Didn't see any of that coming. I'm glad the wife offed herself. I've wanted to do it myself for some time haha.. Only lead now is the woman that found out agent Wells wasn't in custody. So yeah, now what?

Just finished this week's episode and I have no clue. Glad MacLeish's wife is dead but not sure where they take the story from here.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I'm trying to figure out why Agent Wells was the only person in proximity for the "take down", that made no sense except to allow the the plot line to continue with at least a dead VP.

Were they trying to play the "we don't know who we can trust" card for all it's worth?

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I hope his black Secret Service guy is a good guy

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I hope his black Secret Service guy is a good guy

He's got that squint that I would question, but they could just be playing it up like they do.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
I don't think Aaron is the traitor, which makes me wonder about the SS agent too. But he could have croaked President Bauer any time. Another fake out.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I really like that Secret Service guy, I'm gonna be pissed if he's bad. That thought hadn't even crossed my mind until you guys brought it up, damn.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smiley Woman just 'happened' to show up and begin asking about Agent Wells just after her, supposedly clandestine, super-secret, meeting with Kirkman. She was most likely tipped off by someone who knew of the meeting.
I think that her choice of Special Prosecutor (Forstell?) may well be in on it, but that might be too obvious to be true.

Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, that guy I am suspicious of. Didn't know Wells trusted him that much.

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I think "smiley woman" was there to kill her.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
quote:

Smiley Woman just 'happened' to show up and begin asking about Agent Wells just after her, supposedly clandestine, super-secret, meeting with Kirkman. She was most likely tipped off by someone who knew of the meeting.
I think that her choice of Special Prosecutor (Forstell?) may well be in on it, but that might be too obvious to be true.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post