SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Crap! I just watched Episode 1 on the DVR last night and now find out I'm 2 episodes behind!

OK, I'm all caught up, and still in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This crap show is just getting worse. Total crap. Lets pull kennedy, lbj, clinton playbook moves, out smart everyone. Dems rule, repubs are crooked totalitarian liars. Never mind i am federalizing the national gaurd.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, he did declare war. We owe it at least to see it through a Navy SEAL mission.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sutherland does say the show is about a balance between left and right, the need for a two-party system in this country. Also some insights on where the character is headed, as well as the show, which he himself did not know at the time of the interview.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I watched Ep #4 and am done.

Too much liberal claptrap for me and too many other shows on to waste my time on this garbage.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I don't blame you. I'll keep monitoring and let you know if it's safe to go back in.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
No episode this week. Episode V, The Mission, to broadcast on Wednesday, October 26.

quote:
President Kirkman attempts diplomacy with Algeria, but fails, forcing him to make a difficult decision that will define his years in the White House. Meanwhile, more secrets than answers are uncovered as Hannah continues her investigation into the Capitol bombing.

"Find Room 105."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Diplomacy with Algeria? Who GAF about what Algeria thinks? Oh wait...the US has been de-nutted and these little shit countries think they can roll us.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS AHEAD...

The SEAL op was a go (albeit with a Carter-style hiccup at the beginning). Seeds planted for a massive internal conspiracy, a la Angels and Demons, with the overly-pious Congressman MacLeish steering the power grab, and possible collusion with the FBI Deputy Director??!! This could be an extremely graceful way to make an anti-terrorist show not about terrorists.

Anyone who dropped out, I think you should review e05 and reconsider, even with the "PC" outs.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
SPOILERS AHEAD...

The SEAL op was a go (albeit with a Carter-style hiccup at the beginning). Seeds planted for a massive internal conspiracy, a la Angels and Demons, with the overly-pious Congressman MacLeish steering the power grab, and possible collusion with the FBI Deputy Director??!! This could be an extremely graceful way to make an anti-terrorist show not about terrorists.

Anyone who dropped out, I think you should review e05 and reconsider, even with the "PC" outs.

Yikes
I DVRed it, and will watch and draw my own conclusions. But it sounds like the writers are caught up in an cleverness contest.
I shouldn't prejudge

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Those who predicted an extremist right-wingnut power con are more well supported than anything else at this juncture. But, I look at it as trade-offs. We still got the SEAL insertion on a middle-east country. My heart skipped a beat when they said "SEAL TEAM 6" and a presidential visit to Little Creek.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I heard a Jack Bauer dammit LOL.

His press secretary was a terrorist on 24.
His head admiral was a CTU director on one of the later seasons of 24.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So who thinks the Real designated survivor is in the obama cabinet? Im going with nancy pelosi. No one wants to be around her. "Oh no, nance stay in CA, if something happens to us youll have to run the country *snickers* -quote obama

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
So who thinks the Real designated survivor is in the obama cabinet? Im going with nancy pelosi. No one wants her around. "Oh no, nance stay in CA, if something happens to us youll have to run the country *snickers* -quote obama

My understanding is it rotates randomly, it's not that there is one actual Designated Survivor, just that one for that particular event.

I was interested in the series, but I'm a little skeptical with some of the things people are saying about the probability of a right-wing "gun nut" being responsible.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I too pulled the plug.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still in. Now it's a question as to whom the shows title refers.
Still love Kiefer in tense times. You knew Jack Bauer was a bastard trying to be a decent man. Now he is a decent man forced to be a bastard.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm still watching. Latest episode was good IMO. Getting more interesting. The Congresswoman is extremely annoying other than that I'm enjoying it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I'm still watching. Latest episode was good IMO. Getting more interesting. The Congresswoman is extremely annoying other than that I'm enjoying it.

It doesn't bother you that the ONLY two Republicans on the show are portrayed as evil schemers?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir. They are all evil schemers.
In real life, in entertainment.
I'm guessing it's OK that Kiefer is a Dem that visits troops, first responders, and agonizes about sending soldiers into harms way. Seems almost like the GOP used to be.