SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They wrapped up the terrorist arc way too early. They should have made it ongoing. But to do that it probably would have necessitated a foreign enemy, involving way too much un-PC profiling. As someone mentioned earlier, the series settled down to just a show about a President running the country. Even with the quality maintained (which it has), it's no longer anything special.

The season 2 finale this coming Wednesday will also serve as the series finale.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Realize this is a necropost, but my wife and I just started watching this series on Netflix.

quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
I enjoyed the series until the second gun control episode. After a few minutes, I deleted the episode and then deleted the series from my DVR.

We lasted longer than that. We've been binge-watching three-four episodes/evening.

Last night we hit E15. That's where the gun control stuff starts. Along about E18, when they were still carrying on with it, I told my wife "If they don't get off the leftist themes I won't be watching any more of this."

It looks like that's what this series is going to be all about: The benevolent government and the evil right-wing extremists.

I expect I won't be able to tolerate much more of it. In fact I'm going to suggest to my wife we find something else to watch.

I didn't realize this was originally an ABC production, or I would've skipped it right out of the gate.

ETA: Just mentioned this to my wife, who shook her head and reluctantly agreed with my assessment of the show.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like that's what this series is going to be all about: The benevolent government and the evil right-wing extremists.

Yup, that's why I bailed.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of KS in 24 but I could only take one season of this garbage.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post