SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
Okay.. How many think it was an inside job?? I think that General knows more than he should..

He's gotta be over-acting for a reason.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just hope they don't go home-grown.

Hey, it's ABC. Not only will whitey be the bad guy, the crime will be solved by a disabled, transgender Syrian midget.

That said, I enjoyed the show. I'll keep watching......for now.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
...I just hope they don't go home-grown.

If they pull that crap, I'll turn it off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Past my bedtime, and I don't have a DVR anymore since dropping cable, so I'll have to miss it I guess. Maybe it will appear on Netflix or Amazon next summer.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KYSIGGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Hmmm. Past my bedtime, and I don't have a DVR anymore since dropping cable, so I'll have to miss it I guess. Maybe it will appear on Netflix or Amazon next summer.

You could always use a streaming site to watch it. I enjoyed the first episode and will keep tuning in. Amusingly, as I was watching the scene in the PEOC when the President was speaking to the General about Iran, I was almost hoping he would take a pause and say "Get me Jack Bauer." It would be good for an outtake clip on the DVD release, lol.

Posts: 358 | Location: Louisville | Registered: August 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I'm planning to watch. Seems like an interesting concept for a movie, but I'm not sure how well it will play out over the course of a series. At some point, it becomes just another show about someone who is president.

That is my guess. One or maybe two seasons while the premise (inexperienced HUD Secretary becomes President) is viable, and then just a political thriller.

They have already indulged in some of the standard political stock characters - the overly aggressive general aching to start world war three - the unlikely FBI agent who is smarter than everyone thinks - as examples. You've got to avoid that or everything becomes a cliche and predictable.

We'll see. The pilot was good enough to induce me to watch a few more episodes.

I definitely approved of the new episode of "Modern Family." Jiggly Sophia Vergara is always right up my alley.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watched it tonight and thought it was decent. That General with the hard-on for war and possibly deposing the new POTUS was a major character in AMC's Turn: Washington's Spies.

My wife and I agreed that the minute they attempt to go down the "homegrown angry Tea Party rightwinger terrorist" avenue, we are turning it off. So far, so good. It does seem like they do go out of their way to be "diverse" which seems to be everywhere. 75% of the FBI people are black and Asian and female and 25% are white guys? C'mon now.

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KYSIGGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Watched it tonight and thought it was decent. That General with the hard-on for war and possibly deposing the new POTUS was a major character in AMC's Turn: Washington's Spies

I completely forgot about that. I prefer to remember him as Mr. Gibbs in the "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Posts: 358 | Location: Louisville | Registered: August 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
How many times has this scenario (Presidency by succession) been covered by Hollywood? By Dawn’s Early Light has been mentioned. There's the 1964 novel The Man by Irving Wallace, adapted into a movie in 1972 with James Earl Jones (is there a pattern with JEJ?). Must be tons of others. Really quite a challenge for Sutherland to run on fresh retreads, but I cannot think of anyone more suited to the task.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I liked the first episode and will continue to watch. However, if they have right wing domestic terrorists that started this, I will probably give up on it.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Not even ten minutes into the second episode, and I can already see where this is going. I got a feeling I may not last very long. We'll see though how the rest of the episode turns out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ugh. Not even ten minutes into the second episode, and I can already see where this is going. I got a feeling I may not last very long. We'll see though how the rest of the episode turns out.

I have a feeling you might be right. By episode three I fully expect them to be chasing down a right wing gun owner as the bomber.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently I'm not the only one that sees the most likely direction for this show is that the bombing was done by Right Wing Tea Party White People. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Posts: 319 | Location: Michigan | Registered: December 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Of course the Republican governor from Michigan went off the rails and started rounding up all Muslims in his State. Oh look, it's the backlash they were always telling us about! A Muslim teenager was even killed! Typical right wing Republicans, right?. Roll Eyes

Hopefully the show has now gotten that nonsense out of its system cause I intend to watch it again, but now I'm skeptical.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Of course the Republican governor from Michigan went off the rails and started rounding up all Muslims in his State. Oh look, it's the backlash they were always telling us about! A Muslim teenager was even killed! Typical right wing Republicans, right?. Roll Eyes

Hopefully the show has now gotten that nonsense out of its system cause I intend to watch it again, but now I'm skeptical.

You were expecting any better? It is ABC, and at least one person on the cast is a raging liberal.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I guess you can say I'm a pessimistic optimist.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Color me skeptical also, and I hope I don't wind up watching the rest of this for the dramatic tension alone. Maybe Gov. Royce will end up being right (no pun intended).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Boy, the Prez sure has a lot on his plate Razz I'm in for another, and just upgraded the manual record to series record.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm very close to giving up on it, they have ONE MORE episode to show me they aren't going down the "Tea Party Bomber" route. They've already portrayed cops as thugs and bullies, Republicans like the Governor and Senator as disrespectful and duplicitous, so I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kept waiting for the, "I'm Hillary Clinton, and I approve of this message." disclaimer.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post