SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You know I love you, Kief, but we may have to rename this one "Desigged Survivor".

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep waiting for him to throw the glasses on the floor, strap on the tactical man purse, pull out a Sig and reveal that he's actually Jack Bauer... but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed...

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm very close to giving up on it, they have ONE MORE episode to show me they aren't going down the "Tea Party Bomber" route. They've already portrayed cops as thugs and bullies, Republicans like the Governor and Senator as disrespectful and duplicitous, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm hoping this is not the case. I'm pretty certain that the writers of the show knows that if this goes in this direction that they will lose a lot of viewers, but then again, when did that ever stop them. I for one will toss the show if this turns in that direction. I've tossed a lot of the current line-up of shows due to the graphic gay scenes because I just would prefer not having that stuff shoveled down my throat just to watch an otherwise interesting show. Imo this wouldn't be much different and I reserve to have that choice.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Next episode: The Confession

"The FBI's investigation into the Capitol bombing continues, with Agent Hannah Wells starting to develop her own theories as to who's responsible. Meanwhile, President Kirkman and his staff deal with a high-level security breach of the White House, which they try to keep secret as Tom prepares for his first TV interview as POTUS."

Rotten Tomatoes

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Episode 4
Season 1 - Oct 12, 2016
After learning who was behind the attack, Kirkman faces the prospect of war and growing domestic problems; Kirkman assigns Emily to keep an eye on the situation at home; Alex seeks help from Hookstraten.

That was from IMDB. Doesn't seem like domestics. My guess is Russians. They are back in vogue. Or the Chinese, but that requires a lot of hard to find extras Smile

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode but follow ups slipped off my radar. Have I missed out or is this series a liberal yawner?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching Kiefer's character evolve is interesting, and it was a Democratic president who was killed, and innocent Muslims are getting kicked around a bit, but it's not intolerable. Yet.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Rush just eviscerated this show because of episode 2. Lamented the left's in your face BS on TV. This time about Muslims being mistreated.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the premise that a Repub governor would turn loose the storm troopers was insipid.
So there is a distinct lean to the left. But the old '24' crew ain't writing this series.
In other words, hold your nose, enjoy President Bauer working up his rage, and learn a few Russian words.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Well things certainly got more interesting in tonight's episode. I was getting pretty bored after the first two episodes, so nice to see.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm still in for another week.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This is encouraging news; my time zone is just about to start.

EDIT TO ADD: I feel vindicated for having stuck through the first couple episodes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
tried to watch it, his mumbling kinda drives me nuts.

can't make it through the whole show

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm available to console Maggie Q aka Agent Hanna Wells

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm available to console Maggie Q aka Agent Hanna Wells

Really? She has the body of a skinny 11 year old boy.
Confused

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
11 year old boys need hugs too.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Really? She has the body of a skinny 11 year old boy.
Confused

Hell I'm a retired WestPac sailor! Any port in a storm or whatever excuse works at the time. Besides she doesn't look like any 11 year old boy to me. We obviously have different tastes. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful woman with an amazing body. An 11 year old boy? You got a strange eye.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Throughout the first 2 episodes I watched, I kept waiting for the signature 2 or 3 note marker of the 24 hour series.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have they pinned it on the conservative, Christian, right-wing militia yet?

===================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post