SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"We will take back America!" I wonder how much of this was written before the current administration (the real one) was sworn in?

I'm starting to like House Speaker Hookstratten, for some reason. Just as she's about to be lynched.

Before I continue my review of this week's episode, here's a gratuitous Ford Fusion commercial:

So, the traitor is...who, again? Jay who, Homeland Security what?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I quit watching it after the gun control episode.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Even in this last episode, it was obivous that they were still licking each other over the gun control win. Even to say thats what 'we' America wanted..yea right Mad I was hoping that they were going to get more on topic and story. If they drag this gun control boasting out another episode, I'm out!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Even in this last episode, it was obivous that they were still licking each other over the gun control win. Even to say thats what 'we' America wanted..yea right Mad I was hoping that they were going to get more on topic and story. If they drag this gun control boasting out another episode, I'm out!

Yeah, I think I would be out now except I want to see what happens with Agent Wells.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:

Yeah, I think I would be out now except I want to see what happens with Agent Wells.

Agreed. She keeps me interested in the show, and more so now that she's been abducted!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd just give Maggie Q her own show. This one shit the bed a few weeks ago.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
"We will take back America!" I wonder how much of this was written before the current administration (the real one) was sworn in?

I'm starting to like House Speaker Hookstratten, for some reason. Just as she's about to be lynched.

So, the traitor is...who, again? Jay who, Homeland Security what?

Just got to watch today. The traitor - not sure of his name but he's the one the reporter was talking to early in the episode and said Jason is terrible.

I'm just glad it's not Jason or Agent Wells. I actually thought this episode was good and mostly moved the storyline back to where it was going. The CEO guy seems like he's going to be a major part of the storyline coming up.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
So much for Jason.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I was also glad to see they kept mostly on theme and didn't go off the reservation with the gun control stuff. I'm still in it for more.

Regards, Will G.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was also glad to see they kept mostly on theme and didn't go off the reservation with the gun control stuff. I'm still in it for more.

They left gun control for the time being...but President Kirkman did go out of his way to restore funding for school arts programs.

I would have preferred to hear him tell the former president's kid something like "I hear you, but I've looked everywhere in this little pocket Constitution and even had someone go check the original down at the Archives, and I can't find anything that says the federal government is supposed to pay for high school art programs. Go talk to your local and state representatives."

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really wondering what the planned end-game is for Agent Wells. I really can't figure out where they are shipping her, or even why she is still alive, other than too many people would stop watching if they killed her.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I wish they'd just give Maggie Q her own show. This one shit the bed a few weeks ago.

Check out Nikita. Series ran from 2010 to 1013. She was a bad ass in this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_(TV_series)

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, President Kirkman doesn't always have a disarming personality, but at least he made a French connection for the next summit. He seems to have better luck with small arms.

Almost got the mole.

Where is Hannah's van (with several bombs) parked? I don't think it's the Golden Gate Bridge. Could it be one of the other possible targets shown in earlier episodes (Hoover Dam, Statue of Liberty)?

Next week, the first season finale, ‘Brace For Impact’.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where is Hannah's van (with several bombs) parked? I don't think it's the Golden Gate Bridge. Could it be one of the other possible targets shown in earlier episodes (Hoover Dam, Statue of Liberty)?

I believe I saw it was in a parking garage of an FBI building, could be mixing up shows but thats what I remember..

With the few shows I've been following, I was also mixing up this one with Blindspot because the bad folks were also bombing a Federal Building in the latest episode!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe I saw it was in a parking garage of an FBI building, could be mixing up shows but thats what I remember..

Correct, the FBI building.

I didn't think this week's episode was very good.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I tried watching it live and fell asleep. I'll have to wait a couple more days for it to be available on "on demand." One thing I noticed is that the commercial breaks on "on demand" are a helluva lot shorter than the live tv ones.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I tried watching it live and fell asleep. I'll have to wait a couple more days for it to be available on "on demand." One thing I noticed is that the commercial breaks on "on demand" are a helluva lot shorter than the live tv ones.

I just watched in on the ABC website

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Domestic Terrorist Group". Wow. Who saw that coming? Besides everybody.

Season 1 ends with a massive "Where's Waldo" for billionaire Patrick Lloyd, who now has access to the country's entire digital infrastructure.

Agent Hannah Wells is a bit beat up, but is still alive (yay).

Designated Survivor has been renewed for a second season. The premiere date has not yet been decided.

Tac-question: when Wells approaches Nestor Lozano's car after the wild chase scene, she has her finger off the trigger. Would anyone advise to have the finger inside the trigger guard at such a critical moment? I don't know either way, that's why I'm asking.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
No. Hopefully one can move their finger 1 inch to the trigger while bringing the weapon to the firing position

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Domestic Terrorist Group".

I figured that was the outcome 10 minutes into the first episode. I lasted 2 or 3 then gave up in disgust. Frown

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post