SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anatomy of a Murder is on TCM at noon today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anatomy of a Murder is on TCM at noon today. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I'd planned to get a lot of stuff done today, but then maybe not: Otto Preminger, Jimmy Stewart (and everybody else), music by Duke Ellington.

IMDb link

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks. There’s a couple being shown today that I’m interested in, in addition to Anatomy, Hell’s Angels is on this evening.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A great film, one of my favorite courtroom dramas. The judge in this film, Joseph Welch, holds a place in American history. Interesting fellow and a fine acting performance for a non-professional.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Filmed in the UP. Good film.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A great film, one of my favorite courtroom dramas. The judge in this film, Joseph Welch, holds a place in American history. Interesting fellow and a fine acting performance for a non-professional.

I wonder if I can guess two others? How about "Witness For The Prosecution" and "Twelve Angry Men"?

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
From the IMDb 'Trivia' section:

"The part of the judge was offered to both Spencer Tracy and Burl Ives, but instead went to Joseph N. Welch who was a lawyer in real life who had represented the U.S. Army in the televised Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954. This archive footage almost at the end of Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) "

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post