SIGforum
Anatomy of a Murder is on TCM at noon today.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9100074044

April 14, 2018, 06:48 AM
Jim Shugart
Anatomy of a Murder is on TCM at noon today.
I'd planned to get a lot of stuff done today, but then maybe not: Otto Preminger, Jimmy Stewart (and everybody else), music by Duke Ellington.

IMDb link

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
April 14, 2018, 10:37 AM
TMats
Thanks. There’s a couple being shown today that I’m interested in, in addition to Anatomy, Hell’s Angels is on this evening.

April 14, 2018, 11:24 AM
parabellum
A great film, one of my favorite courtroom dramas. The judge in this film, Joseph Welch, holds a place in American history. Interesting fellow and a fine acting performance for a non-professional.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
April 14, 2018, 12:54 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Yep. Filmed in the UP. Good film.
April 14, 2018, 09:48 PM
amals
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A great film, one of my favorite courtroom dramas. The judge in this film, Joseph Welch, holds a place in American history. Interesting fellow and a fine acting performance for a non-professional.

I wonder if I can guess two others? How about "Witness For The Prosecution" and "Twelve Angry Men"?
April 15, 2018, 06:50 AM
Jim Shugart
From the IMDb 'Trivia' section:

"The part of the judge was offered to both Spencer Tracy and Burl Ives, but instead went to Joseph N. Welch who was a lawyer in real life who had represented the U.S. Army in the televised Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954. This archive footage almost at the end of Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) "

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw