SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Airwolf Star Jan Michael Vincent Dead age 74
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airwolf Star Jan Michael Vincent Dead age 74 Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Link

Just saw this today, He passed Feb 10th 2019

though Airwolf was cheesy I will Amit to watching it.

RIP Stringfellow Hawke

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, that is to bad.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74-years, considering all the abuse and drama that he did while he was younger, I'm surprised he lived this long.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. For some reason I thought he died long ago.

I did love Airwolf back in the day.

ETA: Christ, that Dailymail website is unbearable to navigate. I'm on a mobile network but still. Just awful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Poor guy, the drugs and alcohol really took a toll. Lower leg amputation and he looks about 90 in recent pictures. Hope he’s at peace.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
used to see him driving his cars from the 50's on the freeway , between reseda and westlake village,

Big Grin
he liked them untouched, no new nothing , all original everything

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He did a low budget movie way back when I really loved growing up.

Defiance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M820rcgczCs

played a reluctant bad-ass mariner who mixes it up w a local NYC street gang while he is waiting for his next ship...

pretty intense street fight scenes - at least for a 12 yr old back then...

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Remember Danger Island? Uh Oh CHONGO!!!! I loved the Banana Splits as a kid and Danger Island was my favorite part.

RIP Link...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
He did some Police Stories that I liked.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He made life hard on himself. Died in obscurity. Very sad ending. Find the peace in eternity you failed to find in life, JMV

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to photoshop four 222s doing the Missing Man maneuver.

I once unwittingly climbed into the original Airwolf at an open house day of the helicopter service near my hometown which it was sold to after the show, sans props of course. I remember ridiculing our local paper for thinking this was the actual name of the Bell 222. Only really found out when the aircraft crashed in a thunderstorm on a medical flight some years later, with all aboard killed.

Posts: 2412 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
He was also on the original Mechanic movie with Charles Bronson.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He made some movies I thought about seeing but never got around to it. One was about USMC basic training (Tribe), the other was driving around in a post-nuclear world (Damnation Alley):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066490/?ref_=nv_sr_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0...?ref_=nm_flmg_act_54

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Baby Blue Marine, White Line Fever.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
He was also on the original Mechanic movie with Charles Bronson.

This is what I always think of him for.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a sad ending to what appears to have been a pretty incredible life.

R.I.P. Mr. Vincent.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget his role in "Bite the Bullet".

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
He had some pretty good roles back in the day. He could have become a big star. He was some type of LEO, maybe a sheriff in The Return (1980). He carried a 1911 in a belt slide holster and he was pretty handy with it. RIP Jan Michael.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On "Police Story" back in the 1970's:

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post