New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clair de lune Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
I've never heard this done on guitar. Certainly worked for me this evening. Enjoy!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Never heard that version before.
A great piece of music that is played many ways, Piano, Flute, Violin, full orchestra.
The version by the creator himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtlZD1l7cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPCkFgdcIw

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I've always loved the piano version myself. There was a guy...Tomita?...did a neat electronic version as well. I think the album was "Snowflakes are Dancing".

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Very nice. At times, there was a harp-like quality to the sound.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
First time I've heard it on a guitar. I liked it. I use a clip of Clair De Lune as a ringtone for my wife's incoming calls. She's been playing piano since she was 5 or 6, and that was one of the first songs I heard her play years ago when we first met.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
nice.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That was amazing. Emotive and flawlessly executed.

That microphone sure works. It picked up chair squeaks when she shifted position.

I kind of wish classical guitarist would use flat wound or coated strings to avoid that round-wound screech when moving finger position.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely done

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
A talented musician for sure. Just not to my taste.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Claire de Lune was my grandmother's favorite piano piece. I like this guitar version. And the various harp renditions. For whimsy, this theramin and flying lawnmore mashup is as cool as a breeze.

https://youtu.be/ZUyqDCtvfoo

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post