SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sad News for Fans of "The Last Alaskans" - RIP Bob Harte
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad News for Fans of "The Last Alaskans" - RIP Bob Harte Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
The Bob Harte Fan Club page on social media is reporting the passing of Bob Harte today. No details that I can find yet.

RIP, Bob, and condolences to his family.

Edited to add: latest information I've seen is that he passed away in his sleep on Saturday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheFrontRange,

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read your post on Bobs passing. The last episode I saw of him, he did not look good as he was leaving the docs office. He was spending time with his daughter.

Thank you Bob, I liked learning from you. Prayers up.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
damn, just damn. my wife and I really liked him

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was checking on any news about Bob and I read that Preston Roberts from the show Mountain Men passed away from an inoperable Liver tumor.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
RIP Bob. He will be missed. I enjoyed his part in the series.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn it, Preston was also a favorite of mine. He didn't look as sick as Bob. I just saw the episode where he & Eustace had repaired & sold the wagon. Last scene showed him & Eustace riding off on horseback, going home. Seemed like a really good man. Prayers to family, friends & especially to Eustace.

Old Montana trapper, Tom is a probably my favorite. What a life these fellas live, so self reliant & knowledgeable.

Thanks for posting this info fella's. I truly appreciate being in the loop.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is very sad.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Bob . He was a peaceful guy .

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Fair winds Bob. He lived as he wished with more courage than many.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post