SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mulder and Sculley got old
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mulder and Sculley got old Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Frown
I guess I ve spent too much time watching politics., the last few years.
What the hell?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You'll get old too if your live long enough. Eek

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ll get, slow and possiblely decrepit but I’ll never get old dammit. I will be the video game playing, dirty joke telling 70 year old. God willing. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I’ll get, slow and possiblely decrepit but I’ll never get old dammit. I will be the video game playing, dirty joke telling 70 year old. God willing. Smile

Today I discussed "old" computer games with a young man. He had Doom as an old video game, I mentioned The Mist, Wizardry.... Zork! He simply couldn't imagine how a text game could be any interesting or fun.

Gato was a fun "graphic" game.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be the video game playing, dirty joke telling 70 year old.

Wait, 70? I thought you said "old". Old is about 15 years older than I am right now.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
last show I saw Sculley in was a few years ago,

she is still hot

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
quote:

Today I discussed "old" computer games with a young man. He had Doom as an old video game, I mentioned The Mist, Wizardry.... Zork! He simply couldn't imagine how a text game could be any interesting or fun.

0-0

I remember Zork. Sierra adventure games too. Actually played one the other day and couldn't believe how much I remembered and how tiring it is to keep typing "open door, unlock door, open door, sit down, look in drawer, unlock drawer" you get the point. Definitely helped me be the typing master I am today.

Scully was one of my first on screen crushes. Watching the xfiles last season it shocked me how they've both aged. IMO they should have left the xfiles alone.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I think Scully had bad plastic surgery. It would be better if they were killed off and replacements took over.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When the original series ended in what- 2001? 2002?- that should have been the end of it. They shouldn't have even done the first film (which came out before the last season IIRC.)

This is what happens when people who don't give the first shit about the characters of a story (that fans have grown to love) continue to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze until they've extracted every single penny of profit. This is what you get- characters who make us sad merely by their physical appearance (because we want them to remain young and vital as when we first met them) and by ridiculous story lines that corrupt the established mythology of a given series.

This is what you get, and needless to say, I have not watched any of it and I am never going to watch any of this sad shit they've done to one of my favorite TV series.

It's just as Thomas Wolfe said- you can't go home again.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
[Zork!

0-0

There are places you can play zork online for free. He should try it.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

0-0

Leisure Suite Larry was talked about the other day.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
... This is what happens when people who don't give the first shit about the characters of a story (that fans have grown to love) continue to squeeze and squeeze and squeeze until they've extracted every single penny of profit...

That could be said of so many movies or TV shows, and it should probably be tattood on the foreheads of some producers.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. My wife and I started the season but quickly tired of the show and Chris Carter.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

0-0

I played Zork over a teletype machine hooked up by a phone modem to a university computer in, hold on to your hat, 1976. My buddy's dad had a business with computer access. We thought we were hot stuff, and that was cutting edge computing at the time.

But Zork is still a fun game. It really didn't need pictures.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
And here I thought Atari Pong was old. (Yes we bought one of those machines back in the day.)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
I have watched the last season yet, but I thought they looked great in last years 6 episode season

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post