SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gone With the Wind is now offensive
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gone With the Wind is now offensive Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
My sister just called and told me that it is being pulled from the shelves at Target, Walmart and Best Buy so far. She wanted to buy a copy, they had it in stock but are no longer allowed to sell it.

Buy a copy while you can. They are still available on ebay for "normal" prices so far.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well dang.

Since either Gone With the Wind or Blazing Saddles are deemed offensive, I checked to see if I have them already. Yup.

Gone With the Wind is the most successful movie of all time. Second best? Well quite frankly my dear...

I wonder what Song of the South would look like if it was remade. It was a rosey depiction of the Reconstruction era to begin with.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
So what isn't offensive to these idiots nowadays.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

You beat me to it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

LBGTQ and I don't know what else letters they have added to the acronym.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well as of this weekend Blazing Saddles is still up on Hulu....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
As a neophyte movie buff I started to introduce myself to older movies, movies made before I was born and weren't frequently, if ever, aired on TV, and I first started maybe 25 + years ago. But my progress has been slow...and I'm embarrassed (especially after having lived in the South) to admit that while I've wanted to, I haven't made the effort or time to watch this classic yet. It never occurred to me that an Academy Award winning culture classic like Gone with the Wind would ever not be available.

I wonder if the idiots trying to wipe all traces of Gone with the Wind from the minds of the public realize that actress Hattie McDaniel, who played Mammy in this iconic movie, was the first black person to receive an Academy Award, and she was quite appreciative of both the recognition and the opportunity to play a part in the movie.

Now I have to scramble to find a copy before another senseless cancel is perpetrated on the public.

The more this type of moronic spit-on-your-history culture transformation cancel stupidity keeps happening, the more I want to buy Confederate flags and buy copies of the Dukes of Hazard and Gone with the Wind. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd start buying Civil War monuments, restore them, and display them on private land.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/e7t4pTNZshA

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
As of today so far, Gone With the Wind is still available to rent or "buy" on amazon prime video. Seems a bit odd that it is only pulled from store shelves. Although no physical copys are available on amazon, except for third party with insane prices.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
As a neophyte movie buff I started to introduce myself to older movies, movies made before I was born and weren't frequently, if ever, aired on TV, and I first started maybe 25 + years ago. But my progress has been slow...and I'm embarrassed (especially after having lived in the South) to admit that while I've wanted to, I haven't made the effort or time to watch this classic yet. It never occurred to me that an Academy Award winning culture classic like Gone with the Wind would ever not be available.

Now I have to scramble to find a copy before another senseless cancel is perpetrated on the public.

Still plenty available on ebay for normal prices on bluray and vhs. I grabbed a couple Saturday for me and the family.