SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    US Secret Service documentary on Nat Geo Channel on Sun, Oct 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Secret Service documentary on Nat Geo Channel on Sun, Oct 14 Login/Join 
posted
The United States Secret Service Grants National Geographic Unprecedented Access for New Special “United States Secret Service: On the Front Line”

Special Will Reveal How One of America’s Most Secretive Government Agencies Works to Protect the President at Home and Abroad

Premiering Sunday, October 14 at 9/8c, Two-Hour Special Reinforces the Network’s Storied Legacy of Unparalled Access

“Everyday, we have to be 100% correct; everyday we have to win,” Anthony Ornato, Special Agent in Charge of the Presidential Protective Division tells National Geographic

September 20, 2018 05:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Geographic announced today the premiere of United States Secret Service: On the Front Line, an in-depth, exclusive look inside the high-stakes world of protecting the President. The two-hour special echoes one of National Geographic’s core missions, to take viewers places few others have been. The special reveals unexpected stories of trepidation and triumph along with a broader understanding of the significant and serious matters the agency must contend with everyday. United States Secret Service: On the Front Line premieres Sunday, October 14 at 9/8c on National Geographic....

Complete article:

https://www.businesswire.com/n...-National-Geographic

Trailer:

https://ql.mediasilo.com/#ql/5...0c-9d67-2533be25946f

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I will watch it. Unfortunately, my DVR wont go more than 2 weeks out. Will have to set a phone reminder

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Like many LE agencies across the nation, they are looking at a huge retirement exodus and are ramping up their recruiting. I would guess this program to be a part of it.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
I will watch it. Unfortunately, my DVR wont go more than 2 weeks out. Will have to set a phone reminder

Mine won't set that far out either so I also will be setting a reminder.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump to set VCRs.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am interested in watching this. I will have to see how far out my DVR goes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump, it's on tomorrow night.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Bump to set VCRs.

VCR? Can kids today even spell that?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8pm Central Time, repeated at 11pm. DVR set, since my VCR ground to a painful halt years ago. Smile

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally related to this thread, here's a long article "How the Secret Service Foiled an Assassination Plot Against Trump by ISIS."

Intro:

In November 1996, President Clinton visited Manila for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum. Protests raged in the streets, with American flags being burned, so local police closed down many roads, allowing the Secret Service to chart a specific route for the president’s motorcade. As the president and members of his cabinet traveled from their hotel to the first venue of the day, “There was intelligence that came in, and we at the last minute decided to change the motorcade route,” a former Secret Service agent recalls. “It was determined that al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden had placed a bomb along the route in anticipation of the motorcade coming that way.”

Bin Laden had indeed placed a bomb under a bridge, and just before the president’s motorcade was due to cross it, the Secret Service re-routed the vehicle down a side road. President Clinton (codename: “Eagle”) was safe.

Twenty-one years later, there was a plot against President Trump’s life in Manila—a shocking fact revealed in United States Secret Service: On the Front Line, a two-hour special airing on the National Geographic Channel Sunday night that—for the first time—provides viewers with a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the workings of the Secret Service, and the complex measures they take to protect the president of the United States.

Complete article:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...gainst-trump-by-isis

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. All set to record at 9 pm PDT.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I don't have access to this channel so I'm wondering what folks who were able to view it thought.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. It showed a good overall insight of the challenges they face protecting the President.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Saw it. Though that it was well done. You forget how much effort goes into trying to figure out in advance ALL the vulnerabilities from EVERY asshole out there. Amazing group.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That was good. Love how Trump's codename is "Mogul". Perfect!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I often thank God that the SS was able to keep President Obama alive, and I hope they continue to do so.

For entirely other reasons (MAGA), I pray they are successful in protecting President Trump and his family, now and until the natural end of their lives.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I often thank God that the SS was able to keep President Obama alive, and I hope they continue to do so.

For entirely other reasons (MAGA), I pray they are successful in protecting President Trump and his family, now and until the natural end of their lives.

totally agree

absolutely nothing good would come from a successful plot against our President. regardless of political party.

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got done watching it. Thought it would've been better as strictly an hour rather than the two. I'm a tough critic though so maybe I'm a bit unfair as well as having spent a decent amount of time around those folks.

Nice to see the access given to NG, could've cared less about the thoughts from the few press people and time wasted on the rantings of the protestors at different locations (anyone surprised by protests by any leader let alone POTUS?), cool to see how things in Manila developed and how things are different today, predominantly the tech, than just a few years ago.

I was a bit surprised at the release of the many code names for people/places but then I'm an old guy and think the show wouldn't have been diminshed without them.

Kudos to those involved in the production, well done show.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post