SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM Movie Alert : Ruggles of Red Gap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM Movie Alert : Ruggles of Red Gap Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Looks like TCM is playing some of Leila Hyams' movies today. The few people who know of the lovely Ms. Hyams probably know her from Tod Browning's Freaks (airing at 8 pm EST tonight), but she is usually misidentified in this film, being confused with Olga Baclanova.

After Freaks comes a favorite comedy of mine- Ruggles of Red Gap, most notable for a comedy turn by one of the greatest actors of the 20th Century, Charles Laughton.

Leila Hyams plays Nell Kenner, a "hostess", one might say. Watch the scene where she's teaching Roland Young to play Pretty Baby on the drums. What a charming woman. My kind of gal.

Anyway, give the film a look. I never miss it. It doesn't amount to much, but it's a fun film and Laughton is marvelous, as always. 9:15 pm EST tonight.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107488 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I always like to watch it. ZaSu Pitts is pretty trippy.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
An other fun film with a good cast is Champagne for Ceaser. Ronald Colman, Vincent Price, Art Linkletter. Last night I watched Ron Coleman in Lost Horizon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles Laughton ! I am in ,
will go to the library and watch it on youtube

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post